Video for DIY rework of gas block/ports

Can anybody direct me to a link for a DIY video showing disassembly and rework of gas port system? I read somewhere the recommended size of the ports for a 3 hole gun is 3/32". Correct? I also read something about unshrouding the gas ports to make gun run better. Thanks.

I'm not sure that exists, I've never seen one anyway... I just removed the gas block and pretended I was air and tried to smooth out the hole in the gas block with a rat tail file. As for checking or enlarging the ports, it's pretty easy, the ports guide your bit to the right angle...

http://forum.saiga-1...cked-gas-ports/

its not a video but if you cant pick up what JeffD is throwing down, it might be best to pay to have the work done.

Why that thread is not a sticky and some of the other horseshit threads are, is mind boggeling!

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

this guy has several videos on the saiga conversion process. After seeing this one I would suggest forum members and forum vendor advice for saiga conversions. I know it can be done many ways. But there are few RIGHT ways. In this case Removal of the gas block is the only right way!

this guy has several videos on the saiga conversion process. After seeing this one I would suggest forum members and forum vendor advice for saiga conversions. I know it can be done many ways. But there are few RIGHT ways. In this case Removal of the gas block is the only right way!

True! Its not like the guy doesnt have the tools to do it right either.

• Like 2