Alternative to Ultimak Gas Tube Rail...

...FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT AN INEXPENSIVE ALTERNATIVE TO THE Ultimak Gas Tube Rail... THIS WORKS VERY WELL!

And, for those of you who still want to cry "foul,"... my Saiga's equipped with a Black Jack Buffer!

I'm glad to hear that your JB Weld job held up through an entire range trip, but what does the presence of the buffer have to do with anything? huh.png

A buffer reduces recoil. Reduced recoil could be used as a reason why the J-B Weld may have held. Personally, I think I could have fired 40 MM grenades and the J-B Weld would have still been fine.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the recoil would make short work of it. Might as well just use two-sided tape and stick it on.

Thanks for your replies.   Although I agree the Ultimak is a great option (from all the glowing reviews), if I do go with a forward rail, I'll try the J-B Weld first. If it fails and I go with the

Marketing genius, you've got to admit.

...FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT AN INEXPENSIVE ALTERNATIVE TO THE Ultimak Gas Tube Rail... THIS WORKS VERY WELL!

And, for those of you who still want to cry "foul,"... my Saiga's equipped with a Black Jack Buffer!

I'm glad to hear that your JB Weld job held up through an entire range trip, but what does the presence of the buffer have to do with anything? huh.png

A buffer reduces recoil. Reduced recoil could be used as a reason why the J-B Weld may have held. Personally, I think I could have fired 40 MM grenades and the J-B Weld would have still been fine.

Ah, I thought that might have been your reasoning.. either that or you were poking in the collective eye the AK purists who would give you shit for using that buffer at all, regardless of the intended effect. That would have been clever.

As for your reason for including that detail... if you think the recoil of the 7.62x39 Saiga rifle is the reason that people are advising you not to use JB Weld to mount a scope to a standard gas tube, or that one of those "recoil buffers" does more than simply reduce bolt-to-rear trunnion impact marks... well, I'll save my time and let others tear that "logic" to shreds.

Still, I do appreciate you sharing your efforts and providing photos. It shows an innovative spirit and contributes to the forum. :)

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to make a steel lined JB barrel for a U.S compliance part, AR-15 ain't going nothing on this, it's going to be the lightest gun ever, especially after i bent a few JB flats for a receiver!!!

You've inspired me, anyone got any advice on head spacing techniques?

Edited by ZombieJefferson

I'm glad to hear that your JB Weld job held up through an entire range trip, but what does the presence of the buffer have to do with anything? :huh:

More evidence of Haphazardly sticking worthless Bullshit bandaids to the rifle?!?