Got mine...

Got my Firebird Akdal the other day and have a few hundred rounds through it now....

Runs flawless with the factory five rounders with everything I've tried, except my super-low recoil Fiocci buckshot.

The 10 rounders work fine with Federal Walmart bulkpacks, but had some issues with other brands.

Happy camper so far though, this thing rocks!

P1040587.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Can you post more pictures, please? We'd all like to see the area where the stock and pistol grip adapters mate to the gun. And, of course, I am sure many of us would like to drool on your rail so please show us a close us of that!

I can't make out any detail on the device on the barrel. I am guessing that is a compensator?

What kind of issues are you having with the 10 round magazines? Are the 10 rounders just two 5 rounders welded together?

Thank again for sharing

jonblack

Love it!

Must be just me but the stock adapter on it looks like it isn't on straight

Seen the one from tromix and it looks like it has a better fit up with the contour of the old buttstock.

Just curious what the OP thought..

Nonetheless I want it!

• Like 1

Love it!

Must be just me but the stock adapter on it looks like it isn't on straight

Seen the one from tromix and it looks like it has a better fit up with the contour of the old buttstock.

Just curious what the OP thought..

Nonetheless I want it!

Its on straight, but the adapter is slightly larger than the stock, which is why it looks that way. Its hard to tell from that picture, but the adapter is even with the stock at the bottom, its the top part thats uneven. Why it is that way, or even why the adapter is larger than the stock, I have no idea, ...

And to be honest, I dont really care that much, its a match gun that I intend to ride hard and hang up wet. :)

God that's sexy gorgeous. Megan Fox doesn't have shit on that smile.png. Could you post a pic of it with the 10 rd mag?

given the choice id take megan fox any day of the week!

And people complain that he Adkal is made of plastic...

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Can you post more pictures, please? We'd all like to see the area where the stock and pistol grip adapters mate to the gun. And, of course, I am sure many of us would like to drool on your rail so please show us a close us of that!

I can't make out any detail on the device on the barrel. I am guessing that is a compensator?

What kind of issues are you having with the 10 round magazines? Are the 10 rounders just two 5 rounders welded together?

Thank again for sharing

jonblack

The first generation mags are sold out. The second generation mags are now in production. $139.95 each.

http://www.firebirdprecision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31&Itemid=41

God that's sexy gorgeous. Megan Fox doesn't have shit on that smile.png. Could you post a pic of it with the 10 rd mag?

given the choice id take megan fox any day of the week!

And people complain that he Adkal is made of plastic...

hey, a little plastic never hurt anyone!

Interesting. Is there any reason you couldn't add a 2nd gen extention to a five round mag and have 13 round capacity for a pile of cash?

Like StealthyBlagga (hi btw smile.png) said, the curvature of the five round mags is designed for five rounds and with any type of extension it gets whacky, since 8 rounds or so will actually be in the in the mag body. With the two round mag, only four of the rounds will actually be contained in the mag body and the rest will be in the extension, so more of the rounds will be in a part with the right curvature...

With that being said, no, there shouldnt be anything stopping you from putting the 8 round extension on a five round mag, but reliability might not be there.

Edited by gose

Doubtless this will cease to be an issue very soon when the aftermarket catches up. Those firebird builds look like nice guns, and I like the charging handle on the foregrip. It's a pity though that these nifty features are out of the reach of most people.

• Like 1