Tapco G2 Trigger is adjustable

Hi all, I would just like to let some of you know that the tapco G2 trigger is adjustable. I found this out the hard way. For some idiotic reason I was using my dremmil and I shaved the hollow jacket down and it increased the resistance of my trigger. It was butter smooth and now it has a crisp pull to it. I kind of like it, but I wish I didn't do that. I would at least wanted to try shooting it with the nice smooth trigger. Oh well, just figured I would let you guys know that you can make the trigger stiffer if you wanted to.

If you do this remember that once you start shaving the hollow jacket you cannot make it light again, but I kind of like a little bit of a rough trigger on my assault weapons.

When you order the Tapco G2 trigger it comes with a few parts. The part that I shaved down was a hollow tube that the trigger sits on. This hollow tube goes over the trigger retaining pin, and the trigger itself is attached to this hollow sleeve.

The part you are calling the trigger is the disconnector. The trigger is the big piece that has a hook or two on the top, and a little thing that looks like a comma on the bottom. A G2 can be modified to be nicer. Search for "double hook mod" to find out how.

I adjusted my single hook G2 by welding on overtravel and pretravel tabs and then filing them down to make sure the FCG is still safe and that the safety still 'works*'

*works = hammer does not fall when I pull the trigger, only done while aimed downrage. I do not consider a 'safetey' anthing more than a false sense of security that will inevitably fail.