Anybody want to purchase a kidney? Dragunov SVD (real)

I rarely see this model up for sale. Sure wish I hadn't blown my budget on a .308 project. Oh well, probably get into trouble with this rifle anyway.

Check her out! Beautiful with no tiger marks and proper barrel.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=278326468

Major Drool Factor!

Edited by storm6490
  • Like 2

That is one sweet rifle. Unfortunately, it's about 12k out of my budget. I was in the market for one (clone) a few years back. With a $2000.00 budget at the time, I ended up settling for a mod. 700 .308 police tactical sniper rifle.

Sure would still like to get one someday.

• Like 1

odd how they want about three times what its "worth"! a buddy of mine just got one a month ago for 5K...

000.gif

Did your buddy get a Tiger with the shorter barrel? This has the acutal dragunov barrel. Night and day difference. And, a difference of over 5K.

The bidders are creating the price for this auction, the seller had a reserve not known. Probably some dick getting a frree valuation by putting a retarded reserve price. I never bid on reserve auctions unless they submit the reserve ammount in the listing.

Edited by storm6490

I agree that 12k is too steep although it is a rare and beautiful piece.If I was rich I would buy it.That being said,the most significant thing about this package is the fact that it has the original #s matching bayonet.When attached to the rifle it changes the harmonics of the gun and that plus 7N1 ammo = accuracy leagues above the typical accuracy score that most have associated it to have.You hear alot of PSL vs SVD accuracy being about on the same level with the same ammo,even if your using 7N1 it is still somewhat compareable,but SVD+original bayo+7N1=the true legend......Damn I wish I had a ton of money.

That's a beauty! Some of the clones from china had barrels and parts that were stamped over with chinese arsenal marks. the Russian marks could be seen underneath the new marks. Said to be a ton of russian made parts in early models.

I would expect this one to go for as high as 15k to some lucky collector or pipe hitter. Sure would like to hold one in person one day. Hell, I'd pay to shoot that babe!

I desperately want one too, but since they probably will never be re-imported anytime soon i am saving up to get a VEPR custom made Dragunov look-a-like.

There is a petition online that you can sign to vote for the re-importation of the Dragunov Tigr but there aren't that many signatures.