Friends, don't let freinds buy tapco.

You'll be happier in the long run if you just save the cash and buy something higher quality.

How does this apply to their magazines though? ...just out of curiosity

I like the tapco mags, they have worked when more exspensive US made polymer mags I've bought, failed out of the box. (Kvar)

Just buy what you like..everyone says Tapco is crap, but for the price its fine and it will hold up.

I went Kvar for my stock and the fit/finish on it blows as the buttplate never sits flush, but after some modification I'm happy with it.

It looks like you haven't moved the FCG forward yet. You are better off moving the FCG up first then figuring out what to do with pistol grip/stock later.

I don't care much for the Tapco setups myself, but all in all it's YOUR rifle. I'm more partial to wood, or.... Bakelite!!! I'd like to do a Bakelite hand guard set and grip with a wire folding stock.

Sorry... Lost track..

As far as durability goes, furniture should be fine. I know people that use it without any problems.

Just buy what you like..everyone says Tapco is crap, but for the price its fine and it will hold up.

I went Kvar for my stock and the fit/finish on it blows as the buttplate never sits flush, but after some modification I'm happy with it.

It looks like you haven't moved the FCG forward yet. You are better off moving the FCG up first then figuring out what to do with pistol grip/stock later.

One, you're Avatar is fucking awesome!haha.gif

Two, i agree. Save your money on the T6 stock and do a real conversion.

I only have experience with the Intrafuse handguard and i was pleased with it. I only used it for the compliance part and the looks without the picatinny rails on it. It held up just fine, for me.

Theres nothing wrong with starting out using a tapco t6 for your buttstock. Ive had the t6 and kvar buttstock on my x39. The kvar is solid, but I actually liked my t6 better in alot of ways. First, the t6 has a rubber butt pad and it doesnt slip around on your shoulder. The kvar has a buttplate that is painted with some gloss paint, which sucks pretty bad for slippage. Second, once I zip tied a piece of foam padding (like on a nice ice scraper handle) to the top of the t6 tube, it gave a nice cheek rest. The kvars cheek rest is shit, I wasnt a fan at all.

I do like the t6 for a few reasons, but youd be better off saving your money and getting something that isnt plastic. But if its all you can afford its not horrible. I now use an ace skeleton stock and couldnt be happier. Its 50bucks more with the internal adapter but its worth it.

I would stick with the factory hg instead of the tapco. They will both melt, but Ill bet the tapco melts faster.

I would stick with the factory hg instead of the tapco. They will both melt, but Ill bet the tapco melts faster.

There is a thread around here where Chevyman melted his Intrafuse handguard. To be fair, i think he went thru something like 300rds in a very short amount of time tho. I'm not sure what the OE handguards threshold is. I personally have done 2-3 30rd mags in a row, thru my IZ132 with the Intrafuse handguard installed and never experienced any meltdown symptoms.

Get anything hot enuf for a sustained amount of time and it will melt.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

There is a thread around here where Chevyman melted his Intrafuse handguard. To be fair, i think he went thru something like 300rds in a very short amount of time tho. I'm not sure what the OE handguards threshold is. I personally have done 2-3 30rd mags in a row, thru my IZ132 with the Intrafuse handguard installed and never experienced any meltdown symptoms.

Get anything hot enuf for a sustained amount of time and it will melt.

Im glad you said that, maybe the intrafuse is more durable.

I put 90rds (bump fire) thru my iz132 with the factory hg and had a small melt. It was around 1/2"x1/2". I stopped because I smelled plastic burning, since i didnt want to fuck it up too bad. If you have done close to the same with no melt on the tapco, then I stand corrected.

I assumed that they would be about the same in durability, but Ive never tested one. Still, that isnt normal shooting. For range practice both of these hgs would be just fine. But I still think you should save your money and get something that will never melt, ever.

I hate to be a fuckin commercial, but I love my chaos rail. It was expensive(115 plus ak gas tube), but totally worth it.

post-31894-0-26803600-1332565513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boomsick42
I hate to be a fuckin commercial, but I love my chaos rail. It was expensive(115 plus ak gas tube), but totally worth it.

Did you ever end up putting shims in the reciever to fix your slight cant with the rail?

Did you ever end up putting shims in the reciever to fix your slight cant with the rail?

Ha, I forgot all about that.

No, it wasnt something that was shim-able, Id have to take too much material off the 'tongue' of the rail, and I didnt want to do that right now. but I did bend the front bottom of my receiver back a bit, and It brought the tilt back to acceptable, thats all I wanted.

If I mount an optic in the future and it becomes an issue, I will file the rail, and shim if necessary to make it perfect. For now, I dont want to attempt to fix something thats really not a problem.

Edited by Boomsick42

I went with the T6 stock because I am in CA and could not rationalize the cost of conversion, only to have a bullet button on it. For what it is worth, I personally like the Tapco stock.

If YOU like it, that's what matters. Don't blame you with the dislike of the bullet button.... That sucks.

I went with the T6 stock because I am in CA and could not rationalize the cost of conversion, only to have a bullet button on it. For what it is worth, I personally like the Tapco stock.

If YOU like it, that's what matters. Don't blame you with the dislike of the bullet button.... That sucks.

It sucks all places cant be trigger happy like PA.

I really liked my setup, unconverted with the t6. I shot with it quite a bit and it wasnt bad. Its a fuckin shame you have to jump through hoops just to have a normal rifle.

It sucks all places cant be trigger happy like PA.

I really liked my setup, unconverted with the t6. I shot with it quite a bit and it wasnt bad. Its a fuckin shame you have to jump through hoops just to have a normal rifle.

I fully agree. If I was not tied to the state with my family and work, I would be out of CA in a heartbeat. In any event, I make due for the time being.

If you plan on using tapco, dont plan on rapid firing your weapon.

Tapco melts like butter. GO ahead, ask me how i know.

hehe, I just say Mullets post. Yes what he said.

Any handguard with a heatshield will hold up to a very high ammount of rapid fire. The tapcos do not have a heat shield and to be honest, I dont even think the plastic they use would hold up if it did. It seems very cheap. I have put the oem handgaurd and two other brands with heat shields do a pretty rough test and they both held up fine. Showed no signs of melting in the least. One was the Kvar brand, the other was the surefire. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-61/SAIGA-forearm-rifle-tri-dsh-rail/Detail

I really like the surefire myself.

Some are ok with tapco and if you like it then thats for you.

The fact is it will not take the abuse, if you dont plan on useing your rifle that intensely then it will be fine im sure.

Edited by Chevyman097

Decided to go with the Tapco. Going to college so I dont want to spend too much. I will probably convert to full ak when I'm done with school.

Listen jew, This rifle will out live you and me and probably our kids if its taken care of. Theres no shame in putting a tapco on your gun. If you catch the bug like most of us have, you buy something, sell it, buy something else, then keep going. All it takes is time and money, and more time, and more money.

I hope the tapco treats you well.