How can I contact anyone at MDARMS?

I was wondering if anyone has gotten an email back from MDARMS or got some one on the phone from there? I have been trying to contact anyone over there for some info on my booster piston I bought from them a while back. Hell maybe some one here knows. I bought a booster piston as I stated and have fired probably about 300 or 400 rounds through the gun since installing, well last time I cleaned the gun I noticed the piston was flaking off some chrome on the face of the piston, right where they stamp the "MD ARMS" tag on the piston. Was wondering if this was normal, or if I should get a new one, or what kind of warranty MD had on their parts? Also on their web site they don't even show pistons anymore, did they discontinue? Well if anyone knows an answer that would be much appreciated or if anyone knows how to get some one over there to contact me back that would be even better. Here are some pics of the piston.

post-32024-0-07328900-1332479527_thumb.jpg

post-32024-0-10825600-1332479634_thumb.jpg

Pretty sure I have it in the right way, the flat part that you see in the picture I have towards the rear and the side you can't see is dished but kind of plateaus in the middle, didn't think that side would do so well pushing on the rod, plus my stock one looked the same and that's the way it was installed when I pulled it out, but you never know if it was put together right in the first place. lol most of the pistons I see on the market are a cast stainless steel puck but I guess they coated this one with chrome because it was thier "booster" puck. I saw last night on the other forums that MD isn't selling stuff off of thier web site anymore but would still like to know if I could send this back to them if it was a warranty item. I have sent a couple of emails to them over the past 2 or 3 months, one on thier web site and one to another email address I had when they emailed me when I bought the drum, puck, and gas selector. And called the number on the web site but no luck, no one answers and thier mail box is full. I hope mike or someone from MD sees this cuz I think that's the only way I'm gonna get ahold of anyone over there.

Copes is their distributer now and MD does not sell anything through their site anymore. Buy their products here. http://www.copesdistributing.net/arms-m-74.html?osCsid=7fcfda1f7c18a5638b093d9fc15c5a9a

Regarding the wear of your piston, mine is doing the same thing and it is normal. Somewhere on here is a thread Mike started when he released the Booster Piston, in the thread he said that this type of wear is normal and expected. I will try to find that for you...

Okay Mike Got questions?unsure.gifunsure.gif the so called diamondized coating ot the puck, is it a dry lube or protectant? because after 275 rounds the puc has a peeling effect in the rear where the piston rod strikes and rear lip before the groove? color change is expected, heating and all but peeling effect? normal or not? works fine and installs and removes easily so?

Mike, I know the thread is moving fast, but would you mind speaking to my question of wear resistance? Since you've swapped from steel, what kind of lifespan reduction do you expect? It's a $16.00 part so it's ok if it doesn't last as long, but I'd like to know what kind of a difference we are looking at.

Sorry, I don't think ware will be an issue. I might have close to a couple thousand rounds on one sample and it is completely fine with no signs past rub marks which the factory get as well. Also if it ever does ware out just send it back and we will replace it with a new one. I really don't think that will be an issue though. My thought is if someone fire enough rounds on one to ware it out I'd love to see the end result and they deserve a new one!

Yes, Some will do this. The finish blistered slightly on the back in the center of the piston. You will find that it will not spread though. Also the finish is pretty meaningless on the back and really even the front. That is why the factory stopped finishing the factory piston completely on all side and only do the outer diameter in hard chrome. The outer diameter is the important area. If you take a knife and scrap the back (like shaving) as you normally would to clean the fouling from the piston you will see it will not spread past a certain point. Also remember if it ever wares out until a point of failure we will gladley replace it. We aren't going any where!

Here is the thread, that is post #130. Read the whole thread for lots of info on the piston and "diamondized" finish.

http://forum.saiga-1...om-md-arms-ltd/

Okay Mike Got questions?unsure.gifunsure.gif the so called diamondized coating ot the puck, is it a dry lube or protectant? because after 275 rounds the puc has a peeling effect in the rear where the piston rod strikes and rear lip before the groove? color change is expected, heating and all but peeling effect? normal or not? works fine and installs and removes easily so?

Mike, I know the thread is moving fast, but would you mind speaking to my question of wear resistance? Since you've swapped from steel, what kind of lifespan reduction do you expect? It's a $16.00 part so it's ok if it doesn't last as long, but I'd like to know what kind of a difference we are looking at.

Sorry, I don't think ware will be an issue. I might have close to a couple thousand rounds on one sample and it is completely fine with no signs past rub marks which the factory get as well. Also if it ever does ware out just send it back and we will replace it with a new one. I really don't think that will be an issue though. My thought is if someone fire enough rounds on one to ware it out I'd love to see the end result and they deserve a new one!

Yes, Some will do this. The finish blistered slightly on the back in the center of the piston. You will find that it will not spread though. Also the finish is pretty meaningless on the back and really even the front. That is why the factory stopped finishing the factory piston completely on all side and only do the outer diameter in hard chrome. The outer diameter is the important area. If you take a knife and scrap the back (like shaving) as you normally would to clean the fouling from the piston you will see it will not spread past a certain point. Also remember if it ever wares out until a point of failure we will gladley replace it. We aren't going any where!

Here is the thread, that is post #130. Read the whole thread for lots of info on the piston and "diamondized" finish.

http://forum.saiga-1...om-md-arms-ltd/

In summary: It's a cheap coating for the vodoo magic. All very technical, proprietary, and stuff...

BOTTOM LINE: No one would intentionally make a product that flakes off in your gun. No one.