Saiga M model 223- what's under the sleeve forward of thew FSB?

Hi, all.

I have a Saiga M Model 03 (21" barrel, wood dragunov style stock, normal AK FCG location), and there is a sleeve in front of the FSB that when you look at the muzzle there is a slight gap between this sleeve & the muzzle...Anyone know if there are any threads under there? It's not spot welded on; I'm wondering if it is attached by a blind pin? Silver solder? It does not look as though it is integral w/ the FSB, as there appears to be a seam between the two of them.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated; as I would love to put a flash-hider on this bitch.

Thanks in advance; J.D.

Well, the M Model is definately a different animal in comparison to the run of the mill Saiga 223...Receiver thickness is 1.25mm...Barrel is slightly heavier contour & 21" long...It has a thumbhole stock w/ a slant cut receiver (similar; but not identical to a Vepr) & the trigger group is moved forward (actually, in the correct spot) in comparison to your standard saiga 223.

OK, so cut the cap off and see. If there is no threads, then put some on it. Its not really a question anyone is going to be able to answer for you.

All the iz132 with caps and threaded muzzles were on with what looks like an epoxy.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 9 months later...