74 style break - is there a "correct" variation for the 7.62? i want to swap out my slant for a correct 74 style (not tapco). i understand ill have to switch out the front sight for one that has 24mm threads? ive seen bulgarian zigzag ones but those are really only made for 5.45 and are modified for 7.62 correct? also is there a russian one as id rather throw on a russian part over another counrty

the proper ak103 brake is made by either krebs or ak-usa. i have had both, the krebs isnt chrome lined, the one by ak-usa is. i sold the krebs one with a rifle.

i currently have an ak74 by ak-usa with the brake. i highly reccomend it.

WP_000361.jpg

Edited by m1lk
  • Like 1

Buddykermit, you won't need to change your FSB. CNC Warrior makes a 14mm to 24mm adapter, and now makes a 24mm to 14mm version.

I can't remember where, but I did see a Bulgy 74-style in 14x1mmLH. May have been CNC Warrior as well.

• 1 month later...

I have a Bulgy FSB and Bulgy Zig Zag Chrome lined 74 brake on my 7.62. Works fine.

I bored mine out for the sake of safety. But mine Also works great

What size bit did you use to open it up? I have a '74 style I'd like to do the same on.

I measured the clearance on a 74' muzzle brake for the 5.45 bullet (.221 inches) and then calculated what the equivalent clearence for the 7.62 (.310 inches) round would be. This magic number is .427 inches in diameter, so roughly a 7/16 drill bit (.437). Although Im sure you would be safe going down the next size in bits.

I measured the clearance on a 74' muzzle brake for the 5.45 bullet (.221 inches) and then calculated what the equivalent clearence for the 7.62 (.310 inches) round would be. This magic number is .427 inches in diameter, so roughly a 7/16 drill bit (.437). Although Im sure you would be safe going down the next size in bits.

When you bored your brake out, did the chrome lining survive or did it chip off?

The small areas affected by the drill did remove the chrome (chrome is a very thin lining) I haven't painted it and it hasn't rusted so Im happy.

Yeah, I don't think that is a big issue either so I am not too worried about it. You have convinced me to bore mine out, so I dropped it off with a buddy of mine that has the proper equipment. I told him to take it out to .400.