hey everyone. got a "like new" s12 on gb by "accident" a few weeks ago. i have really been lurking on the forums since before christmas. i did a simple conversion with some parts from css (+1, thanks greg). i got the tromix diy trigger guard, the modified g2 fcg, and the internal receiver block from him. i got the saw grip and hand guard from mulletman. and i got a tromix skeleton stock on the way. I've loved shooting this gun before the conversion and am stoked to get the stock and be ready to give'r again.

here's my parts and price breakdown

s12- 545 (+45$ shipping to alaska) for 590$

tapco saw grip + tapco hand guard for 50$

tromix skeleton stock for 60$

tromix diy trigger guard,

css internal receiver block,

and tapco trigger for 130$

and thats a total of 830$

holy smokes that adds up fast. but i am glad i have done it and its worth every penny. it was fun and i learned a lot while doing it and reading through the forum and watching all the videos.

http://forum.saiga-1...age/6341-s12-1/

http://forum.saiga-1...age/6342-s12-2/

(somebody please help with the pics?)

yep. that hand guard is tight. nice work.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

here's your help with the pics:

1. browse to your gallery > album (I usually use a second tab (or window)
  2. click on the pic you want to post
  3. right click it and click on "Direct link to this image file"
  4. right click the pic and "Copy Image Location"
  5. while typing your post, click on the Image button under the Text Color and Smiley buttons
  6. paste the contents of your clipboard into the URL field

hopefully, there's a quicker way that some one can show us.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

like this:

gallery_40903_908_308684.jpg

and this:

gallery_40903_908_753673.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

so i have got some shots in with my s12 and i love it.

couple questions:

is the tromix stock made to be mated to a folding mechanism? there is about an eighth of an inch of stock sticking out to the left of the receiver. (mounted to css internal block)

2. does the auto plug have a break-in period?

after the conversion, on setting two with factory plug, it cycled bulk ammo ("estate" from sportsman's warehouse). not even an FTE. i bought an auto plug, and it ran great for about 50 rounds, then had an FTE. tightened it up, another FTE after about 10 rounds. tightened it up again, shot 10 or so, and another FTE. another 1/4 turn and it ran great for the rest of the night. thoughts?

i think thats it for right now. other than i was shooting clays and it was awesome, I'm just going to invest in a cobra choke adapter so i can dust them.

To the OP: Alaska? What part? Im here in anchorage and go to Birchwood range all the time. I met two other guys with saigas that were having major issues. Tried to help them out with a bot of advice...you wouldnt happen to drive a massive Ford Excursion?

i am in fairbanks. never been to birchwood range. lots of open land up here not too far from where i live so i just go out in the woods or down by the river.

so i have got some shots in with my s12 and i love it.

couple questions:

is the tromix stock made to be mated to a folding mechanism? there is about an eighth of an inch of stock sticking out to the left of the receiver. (mounted to css internal block)

2. does the auto plug have a break-in period?

after the conversion, on setting two with factory plug, it cycled bulk ammo ("estate" from sportsman's warehouse). not even an FTE. i bought an auto plug, and it ran great for about 50 rounds, then had an FTE. tightened it up, another FTE after about 10 rounds. tightened it up again, shot 10 or so, and another FTE. another 1/4 turn and it ran great for the rest of the night. thoughts?

i think thats it for right now. other than i was shooting clays and it was awesome, I'm just going to invest in a cobra choke adapter so i can dust them.

Answers:

1. Yep. that's exactly it. If it bothers you, you can file it to even, or get the hinge. I vote for the hinge since a folded gun is less in the way on your quad or boat....

2. A very moderate one a spring should break in under 100 shots or so.. set it to where it always cycles with the weakest ammo it would run on #2. Then give it an extra 1/2 turn. That's your setting, Use a paint marker or crayon to mark the location, count your turns, remove it clean it out, use blue locktite and you should be good for a very long time before you need to clean or adjust it. I think loctite was your issue.

3. Good call on the choke adapter. it is a big improvement. I might recommend picking up Hexolit 32 from SGammo .com for turning marauding grizzlies inside out.