doing a coversion soon, question regarding bullet guide

Hello, been lurking this forum a while, i finally got around to doing a conversion for my 223, i have ordered a kit from caralina shooters supply and shood be reciving it by the end of the week. My question regards the bullet guide i have bought from them which enables me to use Galil Mags. From the reseach ive been doing i am getting alot of people saying the galils are not good, that i will still have to mod the mags aswell, and that i should stick with german weigers or bulgarian mags which are freakin impossible to find, so that leaves me with the ar15 adaptor wich sounds really appealing to me but it seems that its a nightmare to pick one up anytime soon. If i go ahead and instal the bullet guide for now, will i have to take it out later on if i pick up an ar adaptor? I can only use preban mags were im at aswell.

Apretiate if anyone can shed some light. Thanks.

I have 7 galils 30rd and the one 10 rd that came with my .223.

I took it to the range last week and shot all of them as they were all loaded of course. 220 rds.

I had 2 FTF. Both times it happened on the shot AFTER the first round I racked. Not sure exactly what happened but I will be better prepared next time with a way to mark the mag it happens with to see it it's the mag, which of course it is.....

Still though two FTF out of 220rd didn't really get me upset. It was good for me to practice quickly clearing a problem.

Galil magazines are 35 round, so do you have real Galil magazines, or the Tapco 30 round "Galil" magazines? The Tapco ones work better on average, even if they're not milspec magazines. They sit slightly higher in the magwell, while the milsurp Galil mags tend to sit too low on many rifles, and can have some feeding problems.

If you just want to get going, you can put in a bullet guide and use the cheap Tapco mags - they're $10-15 each depending on where you find them. Bulgarian Circle 10s and Beryl mags work great too (maybe some light fitting needed), but are closer to $25-30.

If you want to go to the AR adapter, the bullet guide can be removed.

Edited by mancat

Galil magazines are 35 round, so do you have real Galil magazines, or the Tapco 30 round "Galil" magazines? The Tapco ones work better on average, even if they're not milspec magazines. They sit slightly higher in the magwell, while the milsurp Galil mags tend to sit too low on many rifles, and can have some feeding problems.

If you just want to get going, you can put in a bullet guide and use the cheap Tapco mags - they're $10-15 each depending on where you find them. Bulgarian Circle 10s and Beryl mags work great too (maybe some light fitting needed), but are closer to $25-30.

If you want to go to the AR adapter, the bullet guide can be removed.

Yes i can get ahold of 35 rd surplus south african Galils. I think i am just going do that for now being how MSA is backordered, once i get the ar15 adaptor ill just take out the bullet guide, not liking the idea that theirs gonna be a hole left tho.

These are the ones I have.

http://store.carolin...co-Saiga/Detail

galil.jpg

In the Great State of NY i can only get prebans, if i wanted tapcos and others they would have to be 10 rds or less

Yes i can get ahold of 35 rd surplus south african Galils. I think i am just going do that for now being how MSA is backordered, once i get the ar15 adaptor ill just take out the bullet guide, not liking the idea that theirs gonna be a hole left tho.

I'd be interested in where you get them if online

I'd be interested in where you get them if online

http://whatacountry.com/galil.aspx