A new amendment to house bill 500 will declare firearms and ammunition made, either commercially or privately, and used within the state of Kentucky (therefore not subject to interstate commerce) cannot be subject to federal laws. Exceptions are made and won't apply to silencers, machineguns, explosive ammunition, or firearms with a bore diameter greater than 1.5".,

Unfortunately, part of the amendment (here) reads as follows:

"This section applies to a firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured in Kentucky from basic materials and that can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state or country."

So it looks like home made NFA exempt SBRs from parts kits aren't going to be an option. Bummer... but Doublestar, an AR manufacturer is located in Winchester, so things are looking up for some really cool exempt AR15s! Maybe... this thing still has yet to be passed.

Wyoming, I believe, passed some legislation like this a year or two ago. Can anyone with knowledge expand on how things were affected out there?

andddddddd its been withdrawn already... just noticed.

Mar 8-2nd reading, to Rules; posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Friday,

March 9, 2012; floor amendment (1) filed

Mar 13-floor amendment (1) withdrawn

so much for progress.

Edited by Risky

BATFE is just another unconstitutional bunch of criminals wearing Govt badges. They are no better than the TSA, SS, or KBG! Just more Govt. freedom stealing dogs! For example, Gun runner and Gun walker projects! The second amendment clearly states keep = own and bare = carry on you at all times. Anything else is unconstitutional! BATFE should be a package store not a commy anti-gun govt agency!

yes, DHS also sux as bad as the SS, etc...! I just think our Govt is too full of do-gooders. They think they can do everything better than anyone else! Yet, all they do is end up making everyone miserable and suffer while they live as kings! This has too stop!

Edited by Guns Are Great

Why wouldn't they go all the way and allow their law to encompass machine guns?

Yes, Why wouldn't they? Why are people so afraid of full auto weapons? Damn people are living in a mire of stupidity and insanity!

Come on guys, at least let the camel get his nose under the tent first!!

At least it is a beginning to the restoration of our basic rights.

Took a long time to screw it up, might take a couple of steps to unscrew it.

Edited by armory

The bigger truth is the states are using firearm issues to try to reassert their state rights. There still is such a thing as the U.S. Constitution regardless if the federal government ignores it. When the federal government goes bankrupt and destroys our civility the states will have to manage for their citizens. Some states are trying to regain their sovereignty and I believe it is for the best. To me the biggest guns right decision coming will be what the Supreme Court says about Obamacare. If they affirm it ANYTHING the feds pass is legal.

Sounds like Kentucky might be looking to a conferderate state once again. States with bills such as this are making a great stand against the FED. I say good for them and the citizens if the state.

Being from Kentucky orgionaly, (GO WILDCATS!), and as much as I would like to claim it, Kentucky never offically part of the confederacy but remained "neutral". Of course there were many kentuckians that fought for the confederate army....anyway-

I was at a gun show in Kentucky last summer and I saw a booth by Doublestar that had a huge banner that read something like "buy guns with no Federal Goverment involvment" I didn't really look into it at the time but it sounds like what this law was about. I am a Virgina resident at the moment (I can still buy guns in KY no problem) but I would still be considered interstate commerce, so the law would no apply.

I think it's a good step in the right direction but I aslo kinda agree with Scott Kenny comments.

Our organization, the MSSA led the way for this. Unfortunately, it will need to go before the supreme court before we get any resolution.

State law trumps federal law as far as commerce goes. Too bad all the sheep believe fed trumps state.

And the fight goes on.

Believe it or not, the ObamaCare ruling will ultimately affect the State versus Federal issue of "Nullification".........a ruling of unconstitutionality would be a win for the Freedom Firearms Acts out there.

• Like 1