I would like to thank the forum members for all the very helpful information and also thank Greg at CSS for this services. I had purchased my first saiga 12 back in October of 2011 and a second in February of 2012. Both were unconverted and with all the information the conversions were a breeze.

I could list the parts used but I am pretty sure most of you are familiar with what is in the picture.

post-40745-0-43671800-1332885579_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

where can I get the rail under barrel thats holding the light?

Please and thank you!

As Funked Out stated below your post. I also made them out of a section of rail. A bit of fitting was required with the rail section I used but was worth the time and effort.

So you made clones. Any reason you prefered to have two set up identically, rather than variety?

P.S. that is a tasteful selection of parts.

Well they are not totally identical. They do have different stocks. Since the photos were taken I reversed the hinge on the Magpul stocked gun to fold right and added a sling mount to the folding block. I could not gracefully fold the stock left with my Magpul Sling attached to the Magpul ASAP sling mount.

I have also added the .70" but pad to the Magpul. I don't know if I feel a difference in felt recoil or not. I like the look of it just find, but I do not like the look of the 1 inch butt pad on the Ace stock Go figure. Both guns have the Black Jack recoil buffers. Again, I have read all or almost all the comments on buffer pad an am still up in the air over that issue.

Thanks for the comments.

Arlan

edit......

I just realized that the stock will fold right very nicely with the ASAP Sling mount and I will be removing the sling mount on the Ace Folding Hinge. I will take a picture if anyone is interested.

Edited by bushpilot47

I mentioned in the above post that the ASAP sling mount works well folding right so I think I will remove the redundant screw in sling mount on the rear. I like to keep it as simple as possible. The sling I use did not fit well on the k-var forward grip retainer so I cut it off. No going back on that decision but I am happy with my sling system.

post-40745-0-19214700-1334168067_thumb.jpg

i just noticed one of the front sight bases is reversed. are you testing aerodynamic look vs AK look? bad_smile.gif

I'll be damned. Your right! I'm new at this shit. Only one is reversed. I guess I wasn't paying very close attention. Will change that. Thanks

Edited by bushpilot47