MD Arms Double Stack Mag Patent

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well get your ass in there software programmer! Quit running your mouth about all the shit you can do based off the books you've read. Build it, hell wasn't you over in Red Jackets area bitching about

This is definately coming to market. Multiple capacities. Will take both 2 3/4 and 3".   As far as patents... I never patented the drum. There are to many different ways someone could make a d

Meh, I make 8 round stick mags for $55 each that sell within the range I want them to. If that is over your price range your free to go elsewhere.   Price levels exist in all items. The MD arms drum

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

I bumped this thread for two reasons, mainly because there is not much going on here anymore(this sub forum) and I was getting a little nostalgic looking at old threads. Secondly, because I recognized that MDarms is no longer a business member here and thought it a little odd that nothing had been mentioned about it. I could have started a new thread but that didn't seem to make much sense. So here we are, and now everyone knows that the MDarms forum has disappeared, along with all of the good info that was there, as well as any hope that doublestacks would one day be a reality.

It is really unfortunate that the sub forum was deleted.  It would be nice if the threads were moved somewhere, instead of just throwing all the info away.  This forum is definately on the decline, and the more info that is removed the less traffic this forum will receive.  The less trafic that there is, the less business members there will be, which will lead to less information, which will lead to less trafic.......

It reminds me of Blk-Hwk Vet, (50% tactical), he used to post some entertaing vids on here, but he was told to stop because "he was running a business" or something, now he doesn't post anymore, it is a problem that compounds itself.

The downward spiral.....

• Like 1

The other problem is that MD arms will likely maintain their patents even if they don't have the ability to produce.. So its going to be about 18 more years before anyone can build them.

Then I propose that there be a merger between Csspecs and MD Arms.  It would be like the meeting of Smith and Wesson

• Like 1

I was stating a fact not an interest.

If they keep the patent it prevents the item from being produced if they are not going to make it happen themselves.

With SGM making the double to single stack 54R magazine, either they function differently or they made a deal.

• Like 1

The other problem is that MD arms will likely maintain their patents even if they don't have the ability to produce.. So its going to be about 18 more years before anyone can build them.

It would be real nice if MD would sell the rights off, it could provide a nice income stream for him if he worked a good deal. 

Patent maintenance fees are nothing compared to the legal costs of getting the patent in the first place. It's pretty cheap keeping a patent alive. Of course, someone may design a work-around that makes a patent nearly worthless. That's the risk of sitting on your hands.

On the other hand, a patent-holder who does not manufacture the item himself might license the technology to a manufacturer for a fee. Maybe Mike is thinking about that.

I abandon all hope with the resurrection of NECROTHREADS!!  Jeezus people...

It provides info people are still interested in. IMO Old thread with info is better than new thread rehashing the same thing, by people who are new to the plaftorm and don't really know how things work. Institutional memory is good.

I abandon all hope with the resurrection of NECROTHREADS!!  Jeezus people...

IMO Old thread with info is better than new thread rehashing the same thing, by people who are new to the plaftorm and don't really know how things work. Institutional memory is good.

indeed, necrothreading as a negative is a concept purported by 12 year old acne prone types. 

In theory mag production can be licensed by the patent holder, but in the real Saiga world that will be most unlikely to happen.  Every mag made under license would likely cut into the sales of drum magazines.  There is likely not enough market and profit margin out there.  So far american police dept are not big into Saigas, So if I want a mag with a lot of shells it will likely be a drum.  I think the new 8 shot steel mag will great as is.  My main use of a shotgun is when less range and penetration is needed or for moving game at closer ranges.  I still prefer PDWs, carbines, and rifles otherwise.

Edited by barnetmill
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope he does , that would be great. It would be alittle strange to me to let it die.

They can't even get the feed angle for the VERP/030 right and you want them to start investing time and materials in a double stack mag for rimmed cartridges? LOL