iron sights/peep sights and top rail recommendations

So many good options. While I do not have one, I have only heard good things about the TWS dog leg rail system. As far as peep sights go, I like 'em, but they are not fast with just a bead front. For what it is worth, here is what I am planning : A CSS Saiga 12 bolt on , the one with a HiViz fiber optic, in the front and in the back a dove tail peep sight mounted in place of the current one. I may have to get creative to raise the the rear peep a little, but it should cost less than a TWS dog leg and be a fast reliable combination. In a few weeks I will let you know how it turns out.

Edited by Bagels

So many good options. While I do not have one, I have only heard good things about the TWS dog leg rail system. As far as peep sights go, I like 'em, but they are not fast with just a bead front. For what it is worth, here is what I am planning : A CSS Saiga 12 bolt on , the one with a HiViz fiber optic, in the front and in the back a dove tail peep sight mounted in place of the current one. I may have to get creative to raise the the rear peep a little, but it should cost less than a TWS dog leg and be a fast reliable combination. In a few weeks I will let you know how it turns out.

That sounds very interesting, it seems like the front sight is going be tricky to get it on the much smaller barrel size, how do you plan on doing this? The dove tail peep seems like it would not be to big of a raise to clear. Maybe you can some how stack two sections of a top rail if that's possible, if its to much maybe work some of with a grinder. When you get around to doing it let us no how you made out.

I been hearing alot of people saying go with the kreb's. You need a top rail for kreb's right? I no their was one rear sight that just clamps on the dust cover i cant think of it right now, maybe it was the hk from chaos website. This is a hard decision, i am eventually going to get optics, but right now i want to get good at shooting with the iron sights.

I been hearing alot of people saying go with the kreb's. You need a top rail for kreb's right? I no their was one rear sight that just clamps on the dust cover i cant think of it right now, maybe it was the hk from chaos website. This is a hard decision, i am eventually going to get optics, but right now i want to get good at shooting with the iron sights.

Kreb's peep replaces the stock blade rear sight. Easy to do. Takes all of two minutes. No top rail needed.

Optics are nice to have but a good set of irons is a must.