First question is if anyone has a preference between the:

Tapco -

Single Hook G2 Trigger Group and the Sandstone - Saiga Fire Control Group

The other parts Im planning on using are the:

Tromix DIY Trigger guard

Tapco Saw Pistol Grip

Tapco ak t6 collapsible stock

That should be everything I need, right?

You need a retaining plate or shephard's crook too. Also you will be dissapointed with that stock.

Never heard of the sandstone trigger so I can't comment. I would say RSA Adjustable> Modified G2 double hook for overtravel> G2 single hook> arsenal.

You need a retaining plate or shephard's crook too. Also you will be dissapointed with that stock.

Never heard of the sandstone trigger so I can't comment. I would say RSA Adjustable> Modified G2 double hook for overtravel> G2 single hook> arsenal.

Any recommendations on stocks?

instead of buying everything separate you know they got kits right? might be a little easier for first conversion, or you can just look to get an idea what you need.

Well, the local gun shop sells kits, but they kind of limit my options...

They will also convert it for me, for $400.00

I'm hoping by buying parts and doing this my self I can self some money, and not ruin the shotgun...

Scroll through the whole picture thread and see what looks good to you before buying. anything.

Definitely convert yourself. The more work you are willing to do yourself, the cheaper it is. (.i.e. hammer profiling, reusing trigger guard, PG nut) You should be able to do a classy build like the IZ 108 in my gallery for ~$165 in parts. If you just want a working conversion as cheap as possible, it can be done for ~$83. (~$20 for US stock, $8 for Tapco puck[$10 for MD], $30 for a G2 trigger kit that you profile, $0 for a trigger guard, $12 for MD grip, $6 for pg nut, ~$7 for retaining plate.)

Stock Choice is down to your preference, but tapco collapsible and side folding stocks will be sad. The tapco will work, it just feels cheap. It rattles and flexes too much and has goofy loops for slings in dumb places. I think the tapco forearm is decent, and a fair deal compared to the price of similar products.

If you want a collapsible AR stock on the cheap-ish you should get an AR tube adapter and pick up a take off stock on ebay. People by M4 clones and pull all the parts off to replace with magpul. You gan get a buffer tube, stock and whatnot pretty cheap sometimes. Then all you need is a pignose adapter that is tang friendly or a pignose adapter and internal receiver block. (You can add a hinge in between and make it a collapsible folder with this choice.)

Limbsaver makes a pad that snaps onto the tapco and standard AR stocks. If you get something like Vltor or magpul, you will spend more money and have less choices.

If you want the most basic stock that feels OK, the tapco solid Ak style stock is fine but homely. Getting a KVAR Blem for ~$25 is much nicer looking. Any Stamped type AK stock works, but foreign made counts against you for 922r.

If looking at AK stocks there are 2 standard sizes: Warsaw and Nato. The Nato is ~1" longer. I like the warsaw length, and I cut an inch off of warsaw stock to stay the same length when I added a recoil pad. You can look in the WTS section for MarkW1. He sells some very nice looking bulgarian imported furniture. The price is very good for good finish. A "very good" (scuffed up) stock should be under $15 for surplus.

For simple solid and cool, I like the DPH stock on a hinge. I also like the old Mississippi Auto Arms one, but I think they quit making them.

Edited by GunFun