IOR Valdada 3x25 WHOA!

Bought this for my AR pistol and am very pleased with it. I originally wanted to use an ACOG but the sight picture was hard to aquire with such a high mount. There are rails mounted directly to the scope/mount which has been helpful in doing an offset RMR for closer work. The reticle is valdadas CQB, it has the upside down horse shoe which helps range a head sized object at 100m and 200m with 2 other offset circles for 300 and 400. There is 10 MOA of drop built in before any adjustment needs to be made, still not sure how I feel about that. I understand mil/mil better but I don't think it's not going to matter to much since it wouldn't need any adjustment out to 300 for the calibers I'm using. The HUGE difference on this scope is the glass, it's ridicously clear all the way to the edges. To do a comparsion I took a pair of knock around mini binocs that are 12x25 and looked from 100m out to 400m, then did the same with the 3x25 scope. Although the bincoulars are much stronger the difference in the glass was obvious. At longer ranges the 12x binocs had issues focusing and getting objects clear, the scope needed zero adjustment. I've used IORs glass in the past and really liked it, they have another winner in my book with this one!

I think this would work well on the AK platform as well if your using a railed top cover, eye releif is 3.5".

Sounds like a winner! It looks like the Primary Arms 3x compact scope I have sounds to be designed (some might say "knocked off") along the same lines, but your report indicates the IOR is of better quality. I have noticed some distortion around the edges of the image on mine. It's not bad, but it's indicative of lower end glass.

Sounds like a winner! It looks like the Primary Arms 3x compact scope I have sounds to be designed (some might say "knocked off") along the same lines, but your report indicates the IOR is of better quality. I have noticed some distortion around the edges of the image on mine. It's not bad, but it's indicative of lower end glass.

I can honestly say that there glass quality is some of the best I've ever owned. I would compare it to Nightforce or any of the other top tier glass makers out there and am very interested in picking up there 1-10 when I hit the lotteryexciting.gif

I can honestly say that there glass quality is some of the best I've ever owned. I would compare it to Nightforce or any of the other top tier glass makers out there and am very interested in picking up there 1-10 when I hit the lotteryexciting.gif

IOR is great, isn't it? Their glass is made by Schott Glasswerk, who also provides glass for Zeiss companies. I've heard rumors that IOR has licensed some of Zeiss' recipes for coatings, so conceivably one can get glass every bit as good as Zeiss from them, with a bit of savings to boot.

I've used an IOR hunting line scope, and found the elevation and windage adjustments a tad hooey.. not imprecise, they just didn't feel great. I'm not sure how their tactical line compares in that regard.

But the clarity is certainly wonderful.

Hello

I've been a cheerleader for IOR stuff on this forum for years, mostly to a ho-hum audience. I have a 3x25 as well, I think the CQB reticle is great. Ditto the 1.2-4x25 w/ CQB, my buddy borrowed it for hog hunting on his AR-10 and has been hunting for a deal on one ever since.

Wasn't too long ago that you could find pretty fair deals on these scopes on ebay or whatever, not so much any more.

I think their hunting line was added fairly recently, they have been known as a high-end military supplier (just the opposite of most American and European manufacturers) for quite some time.

I think IOR was one of the original manufacturers of the POSP scopes, back when they were IOR-Romania, maybe?

If you see a good deal on an IOR, grab it! These things are practically bulletproof.

-guido in Houston

"God Loves Liberty"

Guido-I think the company was purchased after the POSP but I wouldn't doubt it, I've seen a couple of them and drooled. I had to sell my 1.1-4x25 to purchase this one and am sure I'll regret it, it was a great all purpose scope.

I'm on the verge of getting a 6.5 Grendel project going and think I may go on another selling rampage in order to give there new 1-10x a try, it sounds like it would be perfect from 0 out to 1000. If I just can't sell enough I may try there 2-12x with an offset red dot, either way they have me hooked as a long time customer.

IOR has really great glass. They're really common over in europe but not so much over here. Quite a few of them are showing up at competitions. Another company I learned about over in eastern europe was Meopta. Unbelievable glass and they now have a US based optics company. I think we will see more of them in the future. They (focus) :) mostly on industrial and photographic optics but have done quite well in military optics and hunting scopes.

http://www.meopta.cz/