Ok, I used the search, didn't show anything about these sights, fore warned, I may be slightly retarded in case there is in fact a thread about his topic.

So, I can use iron sights well, learned a long time ago in the Marines. But honestly, I just don't care for the Ak 47 sights on my Saiga 223. In all fareness, they work, I just don't like them. I plan to put a red dot like an Aim Point for longer shots (100-300M) but I was thinking that the XS big dot sights might be perfect out to about 75m for quick shots center of mass.

So, does anyone use these, have used these, or wanting to use these. The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Well, just got back from a friends house who has the Krebs rear sight, will be ordering that tonight. My only complaint really with the AK style weapon system was the rear sight> The Krebs seemed to fix that for me and gave me the familiar sight picture of an M16A2. It's good to have friends that spend cash so I don't have to trying to figure crap out :)

I've got XS Big Dot irons on one of my 7.62x39s. They work very well for fast center-mass shots out to ~100 yards, as you expected.

The Krebs peep is also a nice choice and won't require removing the front sight post and drum.

Thanks for the imput, appreciate the info. on a side note, I am going to replace the front sight with the XS Stripe Tritium front sight, ordered the Krebs rear and this front sight last night. Already have the front sight adjustment tool so I should be GTG.

So I got the Krebs and XS sight in today and installed them. Love the Krebs, not to fond of the XS Stripe front sight, a little wide for me. So, I removed the XS front sight and reinstalled my fiber optic front sight post and with the Krebs rear it's a perfect sight picture for me. Very happy with the two combined.

Can you post a pic of that sight picture?

Sure.

So, here is a crappy picture, it's night and indoor light so you wont see the the Fiber optic front sight (it's green) but this will give you a decent idea of what the sight picture will look like. Pretty much like an M16A2 when using the large aperature rear sight. I like that the Krebs sight "hides" the front sight protective "ears," though I couldn't get the sight perfectly centered while balancing the rifle and taking the pic, ah hell, you get the idea though.

DSC01932.jpg

Edited by Roger Roger