sight adjustment.

A special tool is used to drift the front post or to raise/lower it. I few patches soaked with Hoppes will do for cleaning.

so is using a wire brush not recommended?

Different thoughts on this, some will say it's ok, some will say that you have a better chance a wearing the barrel down faster or nicking the "crown" effecting accuracy while using a rod and brush.. I find that a bore snake product is the easiest way to clean my barrels and not worry about screwing anything up. Having said that, when I was in the Marines we scrubbed the crap out of our M16's with wire (I believe brass) brushes and I never did see any adverse effect to accuracy or function.

Bore brushes are great for a quick cleanout after range sessions, but you do need to brush the bore every so often. It's the only way to get rid of copper buildup around the rifling lands. Use a brass/copper brush with brass or nylon rod. You're not going to wear on the crown unless you're using steel brushes/rods, e.g. standard AK cleaning rod/kit.