Recoil Absorbing Butt Stock

I have a Mako GL-Shock stock on mine. Absolutely love it and everyone else that has shot it did as well. You can shoot full power loads all day and not even notice.

...and in before some wannabe macho guy steps in and says "don't be a pussy, I use a 2x4 with nails sticking out for a stock" lol

Edited by Mr. Crowley
  • Like 1

As a competitive 3 gun shooter I wanted faster follow up shots. I bought an Enidine stock and put it one one of my guns then compared it side by side with an identical Saiga with a AR FX stock with 1" recoil pad. There was honestly no appreciable difference and my fellow shooters agreed. We all noticed the sensation was slightly different, but not enough to improve the times or significantly reduce the felt recoil.

• Like 1

I have one of the mako stocks also it is cool really well made. It works well too. Just keep in mind it is just a spring so it will absorb/compress but it also rebounds too so the gun will bounch around a little. with the stock and my polished G2 you can basically bumpfire off the shoulder when you get good with it

The ATI 6 point stock with the phoenix pistol grip is a great recoil absorbing stock. I have one and with my mini monster break and the recoil on my S-12 is almost non existent. However there are many choices out there for many different amounts. Good luck with a difficult choice.

Mako GL is awesome but you will need to have bolt, carrier polished as well as making sure you have it gassed right. That's because the shock absorbs energy that would be used to cycle the gun.

Good point, Paulie. I added this butt stock before the arm was really broken in and I had some cycling problems. That all worked itself out by the time I had run 300 - 350 rounds through it. Also, it helps that my S-12 is properly gassed and will cycle low power Wallyworld stuff. If your gun is not yet broken in, is under gassed or on the borderline, and/or has a sticky bolt this stock can cause problems. If that happens I think the first thing to do after getting it completely broken in is to have the bolt and carrier polished by someone that you can get good recommendations on. Paulie's Glass Bolt seems to have, by far, the most and best reviews and his prices are very competative. As a matter of fact I am going to be sending my S-12 to him as soon as I financially rfecover from a costly mistake I recently made.

I have read threads saying to not use these stocks and also to not use recoil buffers because they absorb energy that's supposed to cycle the gun like Paulie said. When everything is working right a shock absorbing stock just can't be beat IMHO. I can shoot 3" magnum slugs all day and not be bruised or sore - I have shot as many as 150 slugs in a day back when I was breaking the gun in and still obsessed with it. Of course I've settled down a bit and mainly shoot 2 3/4" 'regular' stuff because it's cheaper, I'm more accurate with 2 3/4" slugs.

gonna order one of these stocks for my converted s12, I'm wanting to shoot alot of slugs and I'm smaller than the gun LOL so it's a must I'm thinkin, plus I want a monster muzzle brake :D just need to sort the gas out and I suppose polish things... being a semi auto isn't it going to have much less recoil than a pump or other action types since it uses pressure to charge?

I've had a few ARs and it seems like the gas pressure/blast is used to cycle the action and it takes some of the recoil out of it? I hope to shoot quite a few slugs in a row to sight in my red dot, then do some plinking and I intend to hunt hogs close range with it there after... and do whatever else seems like fun LOL maybe do birds even, might not be practical but why not LOL dunno, maybe I'll get a cheap pump for hunting later I suppose... mossturd mavrick 88 pump or somethin

As a competitive 3 gun shooter I wanted faster follow up shots. I bought an Enidine stock and put it one one of my guns then compared it side by side with an identical Saiga with a AR FX stock with 1" recoil pad. There was honestly no appreciable difference and my fellow shooters agreed. We all noticed the sensation was slightly different, but not enough to improve the times or significantly reduce the felt recoil.

Well you may already have one but the biggest way to reduce felt recoil is a mid barrel compensator. I shoot my non mid barrel comp race gun back to back with the R&R race gun my buddy owns and there is a significant difference. I don't see a huge difference in times until we shoot over 5-6 to targets in a row say a plate rack.

Don't be a pussy! I use a 2x4 with nails sticking out of it! Lol! Jk.

I am currently using a mako recoil absorbing tube with a Magpul MOE commercial spec stock. Works well for me.

I would like to see some video of that! LOL.

You're going to convert it or HAVE it converted????

Im gonna have gunfixer convert it for me. It will have had at least 300 rounds through it with its crappy Tapco stock before then. Im just trying to price it out. I like ATI set up.

I too have a Mako Group GL-Shock and love it. I no problems with it jumping around and I can shoot 3" Magnums all say with no pain. Like Jbanda1213 said I have a nice trigger job on mine and it will bumpfire if I do everything just right.

I wanna see vids of these mako stocks bumpfiring LOL. I ordered mine in OD so I can have a color scheme lmao

I've got the Mako absorbing stock and like others have mentioned you can shoot the heavy stuff all day. It may bounce around a little as others have stated but I can't say that it is more than the additional muzzle rise you might have when having a solid stock and the recoil pushing the gun up rather than back.

I have the css reliability kit and polished bcg and no feed issues.