Importation of "Non sporting Shotguns"

Discuss!!

The “Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills”, also known as the “Mini-Bus”, was passed by Congress, and signed into law by President Obama on November 18, 2011

Some info on what it does for the importation of these shotguns. Saiga 12's, Benelli M4’s, etc.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2810516/posts

http://appropriations.house.gov/UploadedFiles/11.14.11_Minibus_-_Detailed_Summary.pdf

Here's a quote from the PDF.

"Second Amendment Rights – The conference agreement includes numerous provisions that protect

the right to keep and bear arms. Three of these protections are made permanent law beginning in fiscal

year 2012. These three provisions prohibit DOJ from consolidating firearms sales records,

electronically retrieving the records of former firearms dealers, and maintaining information on

persons who have passed firearms background checks. In addition, the conference agreement contains

numerous one-year firearms protections, and new language prohibiting DOJ from requiring imported

shotguns to meet a "sporting purposes" test."

Maybe read the fucking articles before jumping to conclusions. For those with extremely short attention spans, the key points have been bolded and underlined.

This is about a bill that passed which will prevent the feds from further restricting the import of shotguns like the Saiga-12.

This is not "omfg they're being banned and are now worth $3k!" This is almost exactly the opposite of that.

• Like 6

Shandlanos thank you for actually reading what I had posted.

I have read many of the threads on this site and others about the possible ATF ban and don't remember reading anything about this bill that why I brought it up. Yes the bill passed and it does good things for us! So if anything this bill should drive prices down and increase supply due to the fact that there is no more money going toward trying to ban these fine weapons. So no, your not going to see me posting overpriced S12's for sale.

I figured I post it here, on a site where there a many knowledgeable people on the Saiga topic. I'm not a troll, just a firearms enthusiast looking for some info.

So does this mean they can come in the the country in the proper form? Pistol grips, folding stocks etc?

And to the people with dick responses, I'm from NY so I cant have the proper features anyway. I am just interested in the topic.

• Like 2

So does this mean they can come in the the country in the proper form? Pistol grips, folding stocks etc?

In short, no.

Anything which has already been declared unimportable will remain so. The language of the bill basically prevents the feds from declaring any more shotguns unimportable for the duration of the funding period. This is not a permanent fix.

• Like 1