Wolf Gold is notorious for thin cases. I shot a box in my PSA 5.56 upper, and had case heads starting to separate. I cut one open lengthwise with the Dremel, and the brass was paper thin(literally). Others I have talked to said they avoid Wolf Gold like the plague except for general plinking.

Sounds like you didn't dehorn your extractor. I have spares for my AK, AR, and 1911, and it's recommended you dehorn them, as they don't do it after machining. Usually a light stoning is all it takes.

This was a 1st for me on an AR extractor when I bought the bolt it had supposedly been fully machined for the matching .264 lbc barrel I got at the same time. It took me a while to figure out the rims on the Wolf and the Hornady were a little different so with the bulge in the Wolf ammo I didn’t think it was an extractor issue, true the cases weren’t ejecting but they weren’t stuck in the chamber either, just figured it had to do with the bulge.

The other part of this is I’ve prepped several 1911 extractors but never had to mess with an AR one other than replace the spring in the past so the thought of doing anything to one never even came to me.

New photo put a bi-pod on in a quicky manner for some testing, at some point I'm doing 2nd build when I do I'll move this forearm to the new build and put a rifle length one on this rifle and add a good bi-pod.

Also should note this rifle now cycles Wolf 120s thanks to swapping out the extractor, cases still bulge but it will run with them now.

post-26137-0-24925000-1344868146_thumb.jpg

Edited by 20-Mags