saiga 12 golf ball launcher

Used one on AR platform. Not mine just a guy I ran into while out shooting one day.It would only go about 100yrds. I bet it would work a lot better on a 12.

Might be worth a dirty look and a laugh to walk out on Pmkinridge with nothing but that and a putter in your golf bag.

• Like 1

AR-15 golf ball launchers suck, mostly because .223 blanks suck. Try it with a genuine 5.56mm grenade-launching blank, and that gold ball will go FAR. Russians are awesome, and their "regular" 7.62x39 blanks send a golf ball ridiculously far.

Not all AR-15 golfball launchers suck !!

TROMIX sells an AR-15 golfball launcher that is engineered unlike any other one available !! I have a TROMIX launcher that will

blow a ball out there 2000 feet !! (Just under 700 yards, measured with a laser distance meter..... I hang out with surveyors in my job ! )

The threaded entry into the back of the ball cylinder is offset from center to produce one helluva backspin, which lofts the ball tremendously !! Distance achieved is unbelievable !!

Check out the TROMIX website for pics and additional information on these !! (click on the TROMIX logo, below) Available through CSS and MAA !!

Seriously fun accessory for your AR !! At FA shoots, I've seen lines go quiet when this thing comes out !! People more interested in the launcher than the machine guns !!

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 1

Yeah, like Joe says the one me & Tony did fires 'em out about a half mile.

At machine gun shoots we have guys lined up to try it. It's a lot of fun. We've discussed it, but I wouldn't be interested in a 12g version; you'd have to make your own blank ammo. M16 MIL blanks are super cheap.

What's the point of launching a golf ball? Besides losing it of course.

So by this logic, shooting a gun is just losing a bullet, right?

• Like 1

I purchased 1 from Cadiz made by NSTAR I think. was made for the S12. threads stripped out first time out and would not lock on the S12 properly. No one would take it back so I purchased a NEF single shot .12 and TIG welded it permanently on and have had a load of fun since. Single shot is simplier than the semi auto load and then ammo in the chamber any day and I get 600 to 800 yards every launch. I never have followed the ball until it lands ...gets lost it goes so far and make sure of the spot weld inside the chamber for backspin. I will take it out several times a year and have fun with it.