Who has the most rounds through their AR adapter?

Okay, so my MSA interest is renewed now that I know Cobra7.62 stocks them...

Who has the most rounds through their AR adapter? MSA or Renegade Buck (though I think I like the MSA better).

I did a quick search and didn't find this specific question addressed.

I will be figuring the quickest way to make funds available to buy one when I get home today.

ETA: I guess the more appropriate question would be, how many mag changes... Including empty mags, just goofing off at the house.

Edited by Pyzik

Wow... I had to think about this one. I drill pretty frequently for magazine retention... Sometimes while just watching TV or something, so I'd have to say at least 5K plus mag changes by now.

Still tight as a drum, no appreciable wear, if that's what you're getting at.

I probably have around 3-4K rounds through the adapter since it's installation.

• Like 1

Well, that's what I was getting at.

I do the same with my Saiga and M&P...

I am wanting to order an adapter here in the next few days and just want to make the most informed decision possible.

I have a saiga with RenegadeBuck's adapter and an S&W M&P15. I usually take both rifles out to shoot at the same time. I've had my adapter for close to 2 years. I shoot about 2 cases a year. So that means about 4000 rounds through both rifles. That means around 2000 rounds through my saiga and Renegadebuck adapter. I prefer the renegadebuck adapter better. I think it's easier to fit to the rifle."Even a caveman can do it". You don't need special tools. Plus; you won't find better customer service. But to each their own.

• Like 1

I know I am kind of hijacking my own thread here, but can you post some pics Christcorp? There really aren't enough pics of the renegade around.

From what I have seen, the MSA just looks ton better.

Anyone with a Mag Adapter who has shot a few k through your rifle, have you checked the head spacing?

After installing my adapter and seeing the metal that was removed I just wondered if checking would be warranted on down the line.

I have not heard of this being a problem nor am I hinting at it being one. It's just a thought I had after the Dremel work was finished on my rifle.