JTE magwell + SGMT (Surefire) Comp. Mags

Hi you all. I just finished my JTE magwell install and want to know if the SGMT comp mags work straight out of the box with the JTE magwell. I know SGMT makes their own but it is made of polymer, so i decided on the JTE. Any magwell size differences that would not make the SGMT comp. mags work with the JTE magwell automatically?

Side note: I have 3 mags. 1: OEM, modified and works great when firing. 2:SGMT non comp mags that was also moded and works great. And my final mag(which was my starter for the mag mods), the AGP. It falls from the gun when firing. I guess I removed too much from the front? Even if I hold the mag when firing, it fails to cycle.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/image/6432-took-too-much-off-huh/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/image/6433-took-too-much-off-huh/

(Shooting the 2 most reliable mags I currently own)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ_LolD7wtI&list=UU-zjhoyLUIxe9yqxPc5i9nA&index=1&feature=plcp

Edited by Joe6801

The SGM comp mags work awesome with the JT magwell.

The only thing you need to do is of course remove some material on the side ribs.

Makes it a hell of a lot easier to get reliable running mags.

On your side note...

At one time Jack did make seperate magwells for SGM and AGP..

Not sure what he was making different on the two,but heard the AGP mags can get tricky.

If your mag is falling out,you have gone too far..

Epoxy the front lip and take another stab at it!

What I did was get a set of calipers and measure a bunch of different spots on the SGM comp mag, and when

I have to remove the front lip on a regular mag..replicate the SGM comp mag.

Hope this helps..

If your mag is falling out,you have gone too far..

Epoxy the front lip and take another stab at it!

Just any general epoxy? Like JB weld? im not too worried about reliability on the AGP, since ill just use that one for the range.

Skip the epoxy. I've been told by a guy who knows his stuff that using a soldering iron at low temp with the hot knife attachment, you can build up or weld magazines with shavings from your OEM stock as fill material. I have been meaning to do this with one of my magazines that has worn a bit looser than I like.

Skip the epoxy. I've been told by a guy who knows his stuff that using a soldering iron at low temp with the hot knife attachment, you can build up or weld magazines with shavings from your OEM stock as fill material. I have been meaning to do this with one of my magazines that has worn a bit looser than I like.

Oh wow. I still have my old stock looking at me with displeasure. Id like to put it to use lol. Nice vid on the loading the S12 with or without bolt profiling. If I would have seen this before I bought my magwell, you may have possibly convinced me to stay stock. Ill look into it. I already own a soldering iron, dont think I can change the temp though. Its an all or nothing cheap and old type.

The magwell is the way to go. I am glad that the video helped, but I would hate it if I was talking people out of the magwell. IMO other than conversion, a magwell and an extended release is the single best thing to do to your gun. I actually got the magwell first, because I got a killer deal from a forum member who sold out. I really think all saigas should have come with them in the first place.

You might be able to use a torch or just turn the soldering iron on and off so that it doesn't fully heat up or cool down.