Extended Mag release for drums & Mags?

I'm looking into purchasing a extended Mag release because I Like the functionality of it. Does anyone make one for Drums and magazines? I'm really only going to use it for my 8 and 10 rd. mags but it would be cool to be able to pop my 20 rd drum in there as well with out having to take it off..amazing.gif ..

I picked this one up from CSS. It works with all my mags and drums.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-497/SAIGA-12-RAM-S12XC/Detail

Malodave

I'm looking into purchasing a extended Mag release because I Like the functionality of it. Does anyone make one for Drums and magazines? I'm really only going to use it for my 8 and 10 rd. mags but it would be cool to be able to pop my 20 rd drum in there as well with out having to take it off..amazing.gif ..

Make your own. It will be nicer.

That factory trigger guard you removed is the perfect width and everything.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3716-close-up-of-mag-release-action/

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/image/3717-unfinished-pg/

I picked this one up from CSS. It works with all my mags and drums.

http://store.carolin...AM-S12XC/Detail

Malodave

I just ordered this today. How easy is it to install (for beginners) and is there a video some place that details the installation?

i think CSS has a video. it can be a challenge, i knocked out the original with a punch.then assembled the new one by holding the spring and mag release in place with the punch. push the pin in while simultaneously removing the punch. you may need to file one end of the pin before reassembly. after reassembly you should peen the end of the pin. or stake it , to prevent it from backing out. a vice would be helpful. and if you have three hands you're golden. if my memory is serving me swearing does help.

• Like 1

Yeah the pin it comes with is used to hold the spring in place, or you can cut a q-tip to do it. Then you punch out the temp pin in favor of the factory pin. There is a video to install a different extended release but its the same procedure. It looks easy but Im nervous if I fuck this up I got no S12 until I get it fixed.

I put one in yesterday. The installation went pretty well. In my case fitting was required. It was to long for any of my magazines to snap into place. The jury is still out on whether or not the part will end up with other the other parts I have purchased and then shit canned. It seems to me that unless you want to drop a mag to the ground for a reload that it turns a simple one hand mag removal into a two hand operation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to dust off an old topic but i just got the RAM-S12XC extended release. I still haven't modified my Promag Drums. With the original release they didn't fit into place, but the factory mag did. With the RAM the mag and the drums fit. However it looks like it is too short. Even though it clicks in place when i shoot the drum falls right out.

I understand you need to file down drums and mags to fit your Saiga. But if the Ram extended release is too short, will filing help or make it worse. From what I can tell with my limited few weeks of forum surfing and Saiga 12 owning, I might be better off going back to the factory release and filing down my drums as per instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dust off an old topic but i just got the RAM-S12XC extended release. I still haven't modified my Promag Drums. With the original release they didn't fit into place, but the factory mag did. With the RAM the mag and the drums fit. However it looks like it is too short. Even though it clicks in place when i shoot the drum falls right out.

I understand you need to file down drums and mags to fit your Saiga. But if the Ram extended release is too short, will filing help or make it worse. From what I can tell with my limited few weeks of forum surfing and Saiga 12 owning, I might be better off going back to the factory release and filing down my drums as per instructions.

Are you using the RAM release as it came or did you do any filing on it before you installed it?

I tried it out of the box just like my drum mags. I spoke to the manufacturer and he is going to be making longer ones. But. Carolina shooter supply suggested that I try bending the lip out as that has helped others. I have been on vacation, and won't be able to test until this weekend. I am hoping that a longer RAM release will eliminate the need to file down my drums. I rather not make my drum mags custom fitted to my S12. It would be great if they worked with any S12 with a RAM release.

The vendor asked me to let him know how much longer it should be. Once I measure it I am hoping to be on the short list to get the longer version.