Best Bullet Button for California Compliance

I require bullet buttons/ maglocks for the two saigas that I will be converting shortly since I am in California. One in 7.62 x 39 and one in .223.

I am looking for recommendations from anyone with experience using these devices on their preference.

Major question I have is will they work with the angled trigger guards?

Right now I am leaning towards the Prince 50 due to its minimalist looks compared to say the solar tactical which straps onto the bottom of the trigger guard.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nailbomb

I know they are harder to use than AR ones, but would still like to convert both rifles. These rifles are not for HD

while I am in CA. These are for fun, and I am looking at doing a 3 gun course out of state eventually.

I do understand where you are coming from however.

• 2 months later...

Well after just finishing my conversion I am very disappointed. I have the prince 50 or whatever it is called. It is terrible. It is so hard to use a bullet to remove the mag. The mag might as well be welded in. I actully have been thinking of trying to find a monsterman type grip because i am so diasappointed. All my friends have ARs and I was loving the reliability and easy maintainence of my saiga but now i am having second thoughts.

I guess i expected the bullet button type device on the saiga to function as effeciently as the AR button but it is so cumbersome and difficult to manipulate. i wish there was a support group for people like me.

I have been thinking someone should come up with a way to make a release that would be cali compliant that would function similarly to the AR. I always heard people say featureless is the way to go and I think i finally understand why.

Hope i didn't rain on your parade,

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of backwards way of doing things.. but I wonder if you could use a bullet button setup, for your Saiga, to hold in a MSA AR mag adapter, to which you might be able to fab up some kind of AR bullet button to fit THAT? That way, you could use the AR bullet button to release AR mags and leave the MSA adapter IN.

I know, I know... WAY overcomplicated... but if you HAVE to use a bullet button... an AR one would be easier, no?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know the post says locked but my 47¢ is to Get a bullet button and have a REAL akm feel. Their not that bad. Im in Kommifornia-stan (california) as well bro so i know whats up. I was Featureless then realised i wasnt getting what "I" wanted out of my rifle ( fit feel balance etc.) Now my conversion is finished and the bullet button keeps me compliant and the ak/saiga bullet button works GREAT once you make an easy access tool to release mags quicker and find a texhnique that works for you. Of coyrse everone in a FREE state is going to shit on the bb because they simply dont have to have one. To each his own. Im sticking with my Complete conversion saiga akm and a bb thats easily removed from the rifle with an allen wrench for when shtf. Because shit will hit the fan...

Sorry so late

• 3 weeks later...

i have this one and i like it compared to another i have tried, its easy to install. as for using something to take take the mag out, a .308 round or an allen wrench work best, havent used a 556 yet, but i assume that would work as well. the 762x39 just isnt long enough to hit the mag latch and allow the mag to be released. but yeah, living in cali...err komiefornia sucks, hope this helps

http://www.copesdistributing.net/california-compliance-part-p-3674.html