• 1 year later...

I'm glad I found this web site,alot of great usefull stuff on here. I just purchased my second Saiga Sporter in 7.62.The first was already slightly modified from Classic Firarms,the second has not been done yet.I will be installing a brake and a few other mods.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Here's my problem, and I am looking for any help if anyone knows the answer.

I have a Romanian AK47, and it had the thread protector tacked on. I cut the weld with a Dremal and got it off, only to be disappointed that there were no threads.

I then borrowed a threading tool kit to cut the 14LH threads, but I hadn't realized that they had ground the barrel down a bit smaller, so the flash suppressor wouldn't stay on. It's just a bit too small.

So now, I am looking for a solution.

Can I re-cut new threads to a RH American standard that's close to the 762?

Also, I need to fix the bayonet ears. They ground those off too. I was thinking of trying to weld on it, and then shape with a Dremal, but there must be someone out there that has gone through this issue.

this was a lame CA gun originally, but I am no longer in CA. Defected from there long ago.

I can't spend $200 or more for a new FSB and bayonet mount. I am looking for a DIY solution.

Thanks

• 1 year later...