Woo Hoo! Got my parts back from Pauley

I received my bolt & carrier back from Pauley yesterday. OMG, bolt almost looks chrome plated. The matte finish on the carrier is beautiful. As soom as I get some moly gun grease I will re-assemble and load 'er up and have some fun. Took a while, but it was worth the wait. Pauley is THE man.

• Like 1

Not sure of the exact date, but it was in early to mid January. Trust me, it is worth the wait.

4 months? Damn, hope I get to shoot my 12 before the summer ends. I sent mine in last week.

You will.

For a touch over a month I made myself very hard for new customers to contact as to thin my workload after several consecutive rushes.

I'd wait 3-4 days to respond to inquiries so those who didn't want to hold out for the best out there would go elsewhere.

It worked.

Not sure of the exact date, but it was in early to mid January. Trust me, it is worth the wait.

4 months? Damn, hope I get to shoot my 12 before the summer ends. I sent mine in last week.

You will.

For a touch over a month I made myself very hard for new customers to contact as to thin my workload after several consecutive rushes.

I'd wait 3-4 days to respond to inquiries so those who didn't want to hold out for the best out there would go elsewhere.

It worked.

I'd wait all summer if that is what it takes. I read all of your customer reviews before sending my parts, I know what I'm waiting on.

And, just to keep me from going crazy, I ordered a 030 to play around with.

I'd wait all summer if that is what it takes. I read all of your customer reviews before sending my parts, I know what I'm waiting on.

That won't be necessary.

I've been successful in slowing orders, and fees will raise as of the first of may, which will filter more work out.

We're currently in a mad-dash to attempt to clear all units out of the shop to get back to around a two week turnaround when they do.

Fee increases are necessary due to advancements in process.

The $99.99 special was to get the company's name out there. After heavily insured next-day-air shipping & consumables, the true fee for GlassBolt's actually $65.00 for the time right now.

After Taxes, it's closer to $48.00.

It's less than the cost of a single carbide endmill that I use for the precision machining of the bolts in GlassBolt.

That's for work that by all rights, if I were sane, should be in the ballpark of $250.00 if I were charging industry standard shop rates, but the AK customer base would never pay that.

To start, Tier 1 will be;

GlassBolt (which will include FCG mods to match & test the FCG to the specific unit, & Pauly's MatchTrigger Refinement), $129.99 shipped.

IceRack or IceRack Supreme; $90.00 shipped

Vertical Chargers, $150.00 shipped.

Subtract $10.00 off each service added per unit.

Tier 2 will come into effect in December (or earlier) after Tier 1 is assessed.

There's a saying in production; "Price, Quality, Speed... Pick 2"

I will not compromise quality under any circumstances.

I may offer "back-burner" discounts in the future, but that's still to be determined.

Bolt repairs for those who go to far & ruin their bolts have also recently ceased because the repair takes me to long to do to my satisfaction. Same with carrier repairs.

It just takes me too long.

My apologies for any unexpected delays & to those who will have to pay more in the future.

My strengths are in attention to detail & engineering which is why you hear what you hear when people receive their units.

Running a profitable business & estimating production flow while maintaining top industry quality are skills I'm developing. Many have benefited from this, but the pace required is not realistically sustainable.

Sincerely;

Pauly.

-

001-1.jpg

SAM_2761-1.jpg

SAM_2784-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

imagerqf.jpg

DSC03335.jpg

IMG_3579-Copy.jpg

ballVCH001.jpg

0081024x694.jpg

S6300768.jpg

Millmessedupbolt0341024x818.jpg

004.jpg

6123124324_d5ed726175_z.jpg

IceRackSupreme002-2.jpg

GlassBolts008.jpg

3CH0141280x395-1.gif

DSC03336.jpg

0041024x278.jpg

MikeSSaiga12.jpg

E-tac001800x213-1.jpg

0801280x961.jpg

PaulysPiston1911.jpg

S6300814-1.jpg

S12-One-FR.jpg

S12-bolt.jpg

S12-charge.jpg

Saiga-Polish.jpg

knurledcharger004.jpg

knurledcharger007.jpg

I was not complaining by any means. I was just curious, I too would wait all summer for his quality. I knew it would take a while for that kind of craftsmanship.

That's exactly the way I looked at it.

I reassembled my gun. Haven't fired it yet, but the action works SOOO much smoother now.

I was not complaining by any means. I was just curious, I too would wait all summer for his quality. I knew it would take a while for that kind of craftsmanship.

Thanks, but that's unacceptable to me.

I'm hell bent on clearing the shop.

After working all night then driving to 7-11 to grab 4 shots of "5 hour energy" @ 06:15 this morning, I passed out in my car so I wouldn't be tempted to sleep very long & I could get back to work.

From what I understand, I'm not too far off from others in average turnaround for full-on custom work, but it bugs the shit out of me to have a backlog like this.

When I clear the shop, I intend on doing orders the day received and telling clients not to mention how quick turnover was so I don't get re-slammed.

Also, if I don't clear the shop now, I'll suffer in the summer. It's not too fun to be sweating while polishing dust coats me for 12 hours.

Thankfully, orders slow in the summer.

The reason I've ceased to post for the most part, is actually, in part to limit advertising.

I only check the forum about once a week or so.

Man, dude, don't get gibbed by that handle while the lathe is on! Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

lol.. happy.png

This one?

knurledcharger007.jpg

I just put it in the 4 jaw chuck to take the picture of the canted mount.

That's the first rendition of my now current standard "canted" mount to work with about any sight/optic combo. It was started after a person found issues with a large Eotech red-dot being close to the charger.

I also like it because it gives me 100% more weld footprint with the additional inside corner weld than a simple butt-weld at the bottom of the handle so it's extremely stout.

It's a natural movement to want to tilt the weapon to the 10-O'clock as charging with the left hand as one's hand is on the PG, so it works out rather well to keep the end user from scraping their hand on a quad rail or a dovetail sight

It's my "standard" mount if people don't know how their gun will end up because it works with quads, but if the quad is removed, it doesn't look ridiculously large set at periscope height..

That picture (in the 4-jaw chuck) was the first handle that I milled after mounting.

Now I mill everything on a 5 axis setup.

It costs considerably more in consumable wear, (they damn sure don't give solid carbide endmills away) but I love how they come out

When people are running H&K weld-on sights, I do a mount that's much closer to the receiver (inspired by Tony Rumore), because in those builds, the factory dovetail sight & mount are shaved off, so the top of the gun acts as a guide, making for lightning quick charging.

Thanks, but that's unacceptable to me.

I'm hell bent on clearing the shop.

After working all night then driving to 7-11 to grab 4 shots of "5 hour energy" @ 06:15 this morning, I passed out in my car so I wouldn't be tempted to sleep very long & I could get back to work.

From what I understand, I'm not too far off from others in average turnaround for full-on custom work, but it bugs the shit out of me to have a backlog like this.

When I clear the shop, I intend on doing orders the day received and telling clients not to mention how quick turnover was so I don't get re-slammed.

Also, if I don't clear the shop now, I'll suffer in the summer. It's not too fun to be sweating while polishing dust coats me for 12 hours.

Thankfully, orders slow in the summer.

The reason I've ceased to post for the most part, is actually, in part to limit advertising.

I only check the forum about once a week or so.

Man, dude, don't get gibbed by that handle while the lathe is on! Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

lol.. happy.png

This one?

knurledcharger007.jpg

I just put it in the 4 jaw chuck to take the picture of the canted mount.

That's the first rendition of my now current standard "canted" mount to work with about any sight/optic combo. It was started after a person found issues with a large Eotech red-dot being close to the charger.

I also like it because it gives me 100% more weld footprint with the additional inside corner weld than a simple butt-weld at the bottom of the handle so it's extremely stout.

It's a natural movement to want to tilt the weapon to the 10-O'clock as charging with the left hand as one's hand is on the PG, so it works out rather well to keep the end user from scraping their hand on a quad rail or a dovetail sight

It's my "standard" mount if people don't know how their gun will end up because it works with quads, but if the quad is removed, it doesn't look ridiculously large set at periscope height..

That picture (in the 4-jaw chuck) was the first handle that I milled after mounting.

Now I mill everything on a 5 axis setup.

It costs considerably more in consumable wear, (they damn sure don't give solid carbide endmills away) but I love how they come out

When people are running H&K weld-on sights, I do a mount that's much closer to the receiver (inspired by Tony Rumore), because in those builds, the factory dovetail sight & mount are shaved off, so the top of the gun acts as a guide, making for lightning quick charging.

Pauly, you need to do a website! Then you could potentially just limit the number of bolt jobs per month to some fixed number. People could look at your calendar and decide which month they should buy into. You could take deposits (maybe 50%) that they'll lose if they don't send the bolt in by a specific date. Of course, do this all in addition to price increases.

Just some thoughts, ignore them if you've considered them already.

Edited by nhresident