door breaches as bayonets......... hey guys i think there might be a reason why when every bayonet designer ever was in his shop tinkering'

HE DECIDED TO MAKE IT LONGER THAN 1/2 AN INCH

Done properly, you can kill a man with a ballpoint pen. But I'm yet to see one fitted to a Prail, lol.

Bayonets originated as spikes, but spikes aren't as utilitarian as swords, but swords are too long to be weiled well on the end of your gun. Hence the modern bayonet complete with can opener, or is that wire cutter?

As with most pokey weapons, unless done properly, it may take several thrusts to actually kill a man, even with a bayonet. Again, any sharp, pointy object, directed at a soft target, ie, eyes, throat, underarm, stomach will cause damage. Any small, hard object, directed at a hard target ie, face, skull, vertabrea, ribs, etc. will cause damage,

I've talked to several VietNam vets that used a Bayonet thrust against an attackers throat, sans bayonet, and it still dropped the guy. With A1 and 2 muzzle breaks I would imagine, What more do you want?

While I have a cheap bayo for my S12, it collects dust in a drawer. The door breachers offer a less problamatic alternative, Though perhaps not as utilitarian, lol.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i put a breacher brake on my saiga 12 years ago, stopped using keys ever sence!   although i do admit it is alot harder to start cars with the breacher

Yeah, that is good practice for a firefighter but muzzle stand-offs are made for dynamic tactical entry. The whole squad climbing through the window is not an option.   Some LEO's like the standoff

Personally, I think they are ridiculous mall ninja bait, but if the edges and points are nice and sharp. . . they are unquestionably a terrific 'training/reinforcement tool' for never placing one's ha

Posted Images

"Done properly, you can kill a man with a ballpoint pen. But I'm yet to see one fitted to a Prail, lol."

But it would be really hard to do with a very stubby pen. Those spikes on breachers are less than half an inch.

I agree that getting hit hard with any muzzle would suck.

"Done properly, you can kill a man with a ballpoint pen. But I'm yet to see one fitted to a Prail, lol."

But it would be really hard to do with a very stubby pen. Those spikes on breachers are less than half an inch.

I agree that getting hit hard with any muzzle would suck.

Ya, I know. But nothing kills everytime, all the time. Thats why we double tap, triple tap or just go full auto on their ass, lol. That goes for melee weapons too.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

This thread is great. You guys crack me up.

I have a Chaos warthog on my digital S-12, but the other two do not share that feature.

I have a bayonette lug on another S-12, and a poly choke on another S-12.

Variety is the spice of life, and within the sometimes limiting boundaries of the law, lets have fun.

I ordered a Saiga conversion from RJF with a Tromix Shark. Being a guy who needs everything to have a purpose, it's been bugging me why I will have a door breacher on my new shotgun. I doubt my wife will let me use it around the house (although that would be way cool...for a while). Anyway, this hard-to-follow and way too funny thread got me thinking. I am planning to do some hog stalking with my new shotgun. Maybe the pointy thing on the end can serve hold off a pissed off boar if I get charged. That's all I can think of other than it being pretty cool looking. Also, I am way too old to be a mall ninja.

Saiga Newbie ,

Don`t bet your life on it , a Pi$$ed off boar hog is not something you want to tangle with ! Those little points will only make him madder ,if his wounded your in a world of hurt , trust me on this i have direct experience, the only reason i do not have any scars is because i always know where the nearest tree is(any tree even a sapling that will get you at least 5' off the ground ) and i pack a 1911 back up cocked and locked . i am south of you we hunt with dogs and knife(stitched up quite a number and lost many good hog dogs ) or gun and no dogs , i do know a very few brave and foolish who use a boar spear !

It is a bad as tangling with a Kodiak bear ,once he zeros in on you , you are in Deep dodoo cause he is going to come at you like a freight train and nothing will detuere him until he is dead !!

Best thing you can do is a stand off head shot at 50 yards or greater if you can`t get him in the head let him pass .

Edited by belt fed frog

First, let me say that I'm lazy tonight and didn't read all the post in this thread, but I think the special breacher is a gimmick. All is needed is the right angle of the shotgun when aimed at the door lock. I watched a show on breaching doors and they showed how it was done and it was the blast and angle of the shotgun not the special tip on the gun that made a significant difference. I did vote that I have no experience in such matters and that I may not know my azz from a hole in the ground.

When I started my build, it wanted her to be versitle and very user friendly. So I combined a Tac47 auto plug and a PolyChoke II. She's my SHTF gun so I can just load up a mag of whatever I find laying around and don't have to worry about gas settings, but could also choke it down and knock some birds down, be it survival or just dove hunting. Also maybe go shoot some clays sometime. One gun to do it all sorta thing lol.

Faced with a choice of PolyChokes, I decided that a flash hider on a shotgun is a lil silly. If there's someone else around, they WILL know where you're at when you pull the trigger, so that was out. So, do I want the plain flat one or the mean lookin toothy one? LOL it's a mag fed semi-auto shotgun built around AK platform, of course I want the pointy one! Now, do I ever plan on breeching a door? Of course not, and I doubt I'll see the SHTF and hope it doesn't, but if it does I can run out of shells and still be able to hit things with the butt and poke things with the muzzle.

door breaches as bayonets......... hey guys i think there might be a reason why when every bayonet designer ever was in his shop tinkering'

HE DECIDED TO MAKE IT LONGER THAN 1/2 AN INCH

Done properly, you can kill a man with a ballpoint pen. But I'm yet to see one fitted to a Prail, lol.

Bayonets originated as spikes, but spikes aren't as utilitarian as swords, but swords are too long to be weiled well on the end of your gun. Hence the modern bayonet complete with can opener, or is that wire cutter?

As with most pokey weapons, unless done properly, it may take several thrusts to actually kill a man, even with a bayonet. Again, any sharp, pointy object, directed at a soft target, ie, eyes, throat, underarm, stomach will cause damage. Any small, hard object, directed at a hard target ie, face, skull, vertabrea, ribs, etc. will cause damage,

I've talked to several VietNam vets that used a Bayonet thrust against an attackers throat, sans bayonet, and it still dropped the guy. With A1 and 2 muzzle breaks I would imagine, What more do you want?

While I have a cheap bayo for my S12, it collects dust in a drawer. The door breachers offer a less problamatic alternative, Though perhaps not as utilitarian, lol.

Don't forget to twist. I've yet to meet a fellow pipe hitter that would admit to using cold steel.

IMO, they are for people who are concerned about a certain look than function. Garbage.

IMO, kinda like your hair dressing SBS. smile.png

Edited by Stryker0946

First, let me say that I'm lazy tonight and didn't read all the post in this thread, but I think the special breacher is a gimmick. All is needed is the right angle of the shotgun when aimed at the door lock. I watched a show on breaching doors and they showed how it was done and it was the blast and angle of the shotgun not the special tip on the gun that made a significant difference. I did vote that I have no experience in such matters and that I may not know my azz from a hole in the ground.

Go try it for yourself with a traditional break, maybe even just a crowned barrel, then try an open cage.

You guys are pretty silly, IMO! I've used my muzzle device for all sorts of fun stuff. The list just keeps getting bigger. I must be a mall ninja.

You guys are pretty silly, IMO! I've used my muzzle device for all sorts of fun stuff. The list just keeps getting bigger. I must be a mall ninja.

Need Video! biggrin.png

I was just thinking about that! A video on reasons to have one! Maybe even use a normal shotgun to show how bad it will shock when the blast comes out the front instead of the sides. Pretty busy with work and family, but if I ever get a chance to get out, I'll do it.

Shot list.

Door dead bolt (new method)

Three hinge door (old method)

Fence line clearing

Tree trimming on the fence line

Forgot the key at the gate

You parked in front of my garage, take this.

Rough in plumbing in seconds

Old Yeller is getting pretty old j/k

WHat? this works as a flash hider as well?

Ah, time to crack a bottle open.

If we all bought guns/accessories, based purely on need.......gun forums would be boring, there would be no demand to support such a huge aftermarket and most people wouldn't own anything other than a hunting rifle, a carry piece and a pump shotgun for HD.

Door breachers aren't for me, but then again, I don't breach doors. Some of them look cool, though.

Well, I was pretty close to breaching a door once. The girl I was dating and living with right after highschool managed to hit the lock button on the bathroom door before shutting it on her way out. I had to drop a deuce real bad and was about to kick the bastard off the hinges, to avoid shitting myself. Luckily, the door frame had enough of a gap in it that I could slide my driver's license in and pop the door open. Disaster averted.

If we all bought guns/accessories, based purely on need.......gun forums would be boring, there would be no demand to support such a huge aftermarket and most people wouldn't own anything other than a hunting rifle, a carry piece and a pump shotgun for HD.

Door breachers aren't for me, but then again, I don't breach doors. Some of them look cool, though.

Well, I was pretty close to breaching a door once. The girl I was dating and living with right after highschool managed to hit the lock button on the bathroom door before shutting it on her way out. I had to drop a deuce real bad and was about to kick the bastard off the hinges, to avoid shitting myself. Luckily, the door frame had enough of a gap in it that I could slide my driver's license in and pop the door open. Disaster averted.

Did you learn your lesson? If your shotgun had a door breacher you wouldn't have had to scratch up your license...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...