AIM Sports Red Dot Question

I recently added a red dot sight [ Aim Sports, model # rt4-03 ] to my Saiga. It is all metal construction and seems pretty sturdy upon inspection. Several Amazon reviews have stated that it worked well enough on a 12 gauge, but I'm cautious of putting this on my Saiga 12 and taking a few shots, then having the glass pop out, laser break, etc. This seems to be a relatively good product for the money, and if it's just going to break within 100 shots I'd rather throw it on my .22LR and enjoy it forever. Any feedback on this particular model and how well it will hold up?

post-41820-0-81652300-1334643163_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know much about that model, but my AimSports 2.5-10x40MM Illuminated P4 Reticule scope has taken a beating and still holds zero. Here's a pic of it on my 6.8SPC AR

DSCF0038.jpg

It's "drummed" for 5.56, but works well on both my 6.8 and my x39 AK with minor adjustment. I put it through a personal torture test, as it does have a lifetime warranty on it. The test:

-3' drop onto concrete

-6' drop onto concrete

-50 yard "range fling", where I toss it towards the 50 yard backstop making sure it bounces several times.

-Removal/reinstall after every 3 shot string for 12 rounds, then 2 mag dumps, removal, reinstall, then 12 more rounds on 3 shot strings.

-"Rolling the rifle", where I simply roll it off the side of the rest onto the table both directions.

Other than a few scratches, it held zero like a champ. If you look real close, you can see where I had to file it it fit the mount I'm using.