S.C. Lowcountry - Where Do You...

...go to let em fly?

Palmetto Gun Club is the closest range to my home stump but I get a headache trying to figure out their membership fees, rules, procedures etc. I'm not saying it isn't a good club but I just want to go somewhere and run a few hundred rounds through my new S-12 to break it in and loosen it up. And then there's Twin Ponds and Boggy Head way out in the National Forest, probably 30+ miles one way. I know I'm going to have to burn some fuel to get to a place where I can shoot 12 gauge, the mAK. I can go indoors for the 45ACP. I just ordered 500 rounds for it (Sig Sauer P245) and I want to practice up and get my CCP.

Living in the burbs sucks for shooting. I used to be able to walk out the back door and light em up. cry.gif

Where do you LC shooters go?

Sq

I think I pretty much know about the "on the record" ranges I just thought maybe someone had some private spots where they go. I guess it's just a fact of life living close to the coast I'll always have to travel a distance inland to shoot long guns. Anyway, if anyone in the LC would like to get together and do some shoot'in where ever, get in touch.

Anyone have a gunsmith they can recommend in/near the LC? I want to replace the trigger group on my MAK90 and while I've done a lot of research and watched vids on doing this I'd rather not do my learning on this project, I'd rather have someone who knows what they are doing to handle it so I can be as sure as I can be that it's done right. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so hopefully those who've already looked with look again and forward a recommendation on a good AK knowledgeable "mechanic".

Thanks!

Anyone have a gunsmith they can recommend in/near the LC? I want to replace the trigger group on my MAK90 and while I've done a lot of research and watched vids on doing this I'd rather not do my learning on this project, I'd rather have someone who knows what they are doing to handle it so I can be as sure as I can be that it's done right. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so hopefully those who've already looked with look again and forward a recommendation on a good AK knowledgeable "mechanic".

Thanks!

Well I thought I'd gotten hooked up with a guy in Goose Creek. When I asked about rates etc for the trigger job he said; "We charge 60 per hour and my estimate should be 1.5 hours to 2 hours." Wrong answer! A gunsmith or someone who's done this before shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, most likely less. So I've ordered the stuff from CSS and I'll be doing this myself.