AMU's Shane Coley Wins Stage 1 at MG Nats With R&R Saiga

Shane Coley of the Army Marksmenship Unit won Stage 1 at the USPSA Multigun Nationals last weekend with my mean green R&R Open Saiga. On Saturday his Saiga's mag latch broke on Stage 12, causing him to come in 20th place on the stage. (I finished 2nd on that stage which was the only all shotgun stage.) He asked me to help him fix his Saiga but I didn't have parts to fix his gun so, with the Match Director's permission, I lent him my Saiga to finish the match. Sunday morning he defeated all other Open shooters, including Taran Butler (the Open Match Winner) and Michael Voigt (multi time Open Winner) to win the stage. Shane finished 11th in Open and I finished 13th at 74.672% (about normal for me).

Doug

Results: http://www.lchico5u.com/mgn2012.html

post-22191-0-42800200-1334680276_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It was nice meeting you Doug even though you did penalize me for re-engaging the rifle targets with my pistol haha jk. I can only blame the guy pulling the trigger

And this is why I love our game. One competitor's gun breaks and another one gives him a gun so that he can continue and potentially beat him. That shows outstanding sportsmanship. Hope to see you next year

Nate

Edited by nheiny13