That should be fine but it also depends on how short you go, you will probably have to do some work to the gas system still. The Origin AOW from Alliance Armament is the only one that I have seen done this way so it's possible but I am not sure how they did it. You can buy the kit though for the low price of $2642.97:-)

AA made a puck which I think CSS copied, used soft (and sometimes clipped) springs, and big gas ports. Not a very good way to do your gas system. Dirty and potentially over powered by heavy ammo.

If you want an AOW, get it from Cadiz.

You might hit up Gunfixxer (Nate) or Jack Travers to short gas it for you. That is probably the smartest route.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is the barrel shroud on there loosely?  It looks like it is hanging down towards the front.  (Don't think it was designed to be that way) ?

Something is going on with that gas block too. The carrier going into that poorly aligned gas block is going to work against reliability. I have a feeling a few mistakes may have been made and it does not run well. At least he had nuts enough to do something that looked like a SBS/AOW. This stuff is not as easy as some make it look...

bad_egg.gif