I still have to "psyche" myself up to ride my Wings. I still remember when my brother wrecked dad's '76 Goldwing in 1981. They quit counting stitches at 150, and had to cut the bike in half to get it off the lamp pole. They estimated he was doing 130MPH when he laid it over. Come to find out later, he was shot in the arm by a .22 from a carload of drunk teens. Shooter has never been found.

Damn Eagle, the punks WILL get theirs in the end.

I dont ride 2 wheels anymore, blue hair wanted my lane on the interstate

at 65 MPH, ever road the grass and gravel on 2 wheels at 65. It scared me so

bad I pulled over (did not wreck) and sat for an hour or more. A few of my Bros

wanted to catch Her, She never looked, just came over. Sold the bike and will never ride 2 wheels again.

The isle of Man is a bad ass corse, I love to catch it on the tube when I can.

Edited by RED333

I do ride 2 wheels, but not crotch rockets any more. I survived my own stupidity long enough.

Yep the Isle of Man, not the Isle of Wannabe. Cause those are MEN. There are probably still body parts wedged in some of the walls.

There are probably still body parts wedged in some of the walls.

there was one guy a few years ago that crateed the stone wall @ 130. slung him 100+ feet. beat him p really bad but he survived. i think it was team ducati that forbid valentino rossi from running the tt. they had too much cash invested in his f-1 contract.

jrw, it was one of the side x side dune types. i learned at 40 you dont pull your kids out and say "let me show you how its done". karma kicked my ass.

I do ride 2 wheels, but not crotch rockets any more. I survived my own stupidity long enough.

xd i hear that. i am building an old school cafe out of a honda 400. this is what i am shooting for

4.jpg

Edited by smartbomb
  • Like 3

That cafe is pretty slick.

I have an old standard that wants to go exacty 55. It feels good at 55. I can go much faster easily, of course and it has the power to get there quickly, but the bike makes safer riding fun. I don't want to be the guy who finds out he has a bad tire at 130.

I knew that If I got a stick shift car, I would need cruise control as a substitute for self control, and that means I don't get tickets. When I got a bike, I knew getting a bike that was uncomfortable until you are going over 80 would be a recipe for always having to hold back and never enjoy my bike plus a few tickets. UJMs are a really good way to have a fun daily ride that won't leave you straining at the gates all the time.

And jeez. It's bad enough having to watchout for fools who don't look before changing lanes, but getting shot at? Time to get all mad max and ride with a revolving modern horse pistol.

I don't want to be the guy who finds out he has a bad tire at 130.

I did find out many years back what it felt like to find out his front end wasn't stable at 130. Full-blown tank slapper. My buddy behind me said "I thought you were dead!" So did I. I never took that bike over 100 again.

I can't get a bike. I'd hurt myself... I like ripping around too much!

JRWperformance, your avatar is mesmerizing. I wonder if she'd like me to help her!

Yeah. Every time I see it I put aside a minute or two of my life to enjoy it.

what is she saying?

my tl was notorious for tank slaps. filled my steering damper with heavy ass fork oil. solved the slap but man it was a bitch to steer at casual speed.

Wierd. You would expect a race oriented bike to be tuned for stability at high speeds. Was it a oddball front tire issue?

My bike is too old to come with a damper, and I am overdue to rebuild my front fork seals, so looking up stuff about this problem has kind of got me freaked out. That looks downright scary.

Gunfun i think they designed these thing on the ragged edge. The geometry get tweaked just to the point of no return. Most sportbikes in the era of mine came with dampers. There is nothing more butt puckering than a slapper.

I decided to sell my VStar 1300 this year. Too many close calls, and I kinda like the Big Gulp and air conditioning concept while I drive down the road. Weird?!?!?

bad_smile.gif