AOW s12 allowed in Mi ?

hello everyone I have tried to use the search, and found a start but no answer to the question of AOW S12 allowed in MI. Im sure its there but i am technically uninclined in computers. any answers or help would be appreciated. thank you.

At least the transfer tax is only $5, that will help a little bit, I think the Widow Maker is $2500, it is just nice that these are available as options for people in shitty states. Tom is a hell of a nice guy as well!

thank you, now for the next question is there a way one can legally (atf form#) make one . I have tired to find this also but cant. I found something about having to make a new receiver but not clear if that is only one piece of the pie . again thank you

you would have to construct a new receiver, and the stamp is $200 to manufacture one. only $5 to transfer.

thank you, now for the next question is there a way one can legally (atf form#) make one . I have tired to find this also but cant. I found something about having to make a new receiver but not clear if that is only one piece of the pie . again thank you

great that sounds a lot cheaper than $2500. Im thinking of making a milled receiver . I figure by the time I mill the receiver any paperwork would be done. (my 2 kids, 50 chickens,horses, dogs, barn cats and wife dont leave me much time in my shop). I beleive I found that its a form 1 to manufacture, then a form 4 to transfer to trust.

Edited by shankkole

You need a receiver that has never been built with a stock. Therefore, you'd either have to make your own, or get Tom Cole to sell you one. Then you would need to have a donor shotgun that you could use for the parts to make your AOW.

Good luck on making your own receiver, that would be quite an accomplishment if you could mill one. A milled S-12 would be really cool! I believe the ATF allows you to de-mill the original receiver and then re-weld it to create an AOW, I am not sure where I read this but I believe it to be true.

AOW's are legal. $200 to make and $5 to transfer is correct. Make your reciever and then have a manufacturer with an SOT paper it for you. Even if they charged you $100, you'd still be ahead of the game. Last I heard Tom is still waiting on approval for his receivers from the ATF. I got a FA S12 so I could have a short barreled shottie in Michigan. Stupid rules!

Jake