Retainer plate or shepards hook for Krebs safety

Hey guys I'm building what I'm trying to classify as a combat style ak47. I'm taking a saiga. 332 which is the front half converted ak and all that needs to be done is the pistol grip and trigger stuff done. I'm going with a caa billet trigger guard, tapco g2 trigger and hammer kit, going to upgrade to the Krebs safety lever so that it's easier to manipulate when firing and the such, I prefer the axis retainer plates but I'm afraid the plate might bind up the safety lever , so would I be better going with one of the $2 shepards hook or just hog out the hole that the safety lever goes thru or will that make the retainer plate sloppy holding the pins.

I have the Krebs safety and original style plate in my S12 and it functions great. And once i get my iz132 back together, its setup the same way.

Why would the plate bind up the lever?

Edited by Mullet Man

Well going based off my saiga 12 build the retainer plate pushes against the pins and what holds the tension on the pin is the plate being held in by the safety lever. And depending on if it was a vodka Friday the tolerance is off by a bit it might be a snug fit for the safety lever to go thru or put downward tension on the safety lever as it rotates. But then again I come from the ar15 manufacturing world where tolerances are close so I'm not use to the looser tolerances that are acceptable on an ak47 platform.