Sons Of Guns Zombie choices ??

I do believe something is wrong with Will due to his choice of Zombie Killer's !!!!!!!! It should have been a Saiga12 with a 20 round drum loaded with slug's and a AK47 NOT a pump and AR !!!!!! Just my 2 cents..

Edited by THE AK DUDE
  • Like 2

Nuke them from orbit.

Its the only way to be sure.

Honestly, I thought the episode was gonna be a bust (i kinda disdain all this zombie stupdiity) UNTIL I saw the Ruger 10/22 bullpup stock.

Now THAT is cool. MIGHT even be enuf reason for me to finally buy a 10/22. (Ruger's are boring, other than my AC556)

I think it was a one gun concept. Which firearm would be most useful. Weight and number of rounds are things that would take priority over effectiveness. An S-12 with a fully loaded 20 rnd drum is really heavy and you can't carry nearly as many shells... IJS.

With only one gun, I choose AR-15. That's not real world scenario though because even if someone doesn't even own a gun, if they survived the first day they'd end up picking up at least three. I don't own one gun either, I own quite a bit and you can be damn sure that I'm going to be taking all of them with me. Hell, when the wife and I go out to eat, we've got at least four, two on me, one on her, and a certain shotgun in the trunk loaded up with slugs...

If I were to be carrying just one gun I would have to be my Glock 17. Love my Saiga 12's but carrying a firearm in a real life situation I can function better and carry more ammo with one of my glocks. Head shots!!!!!

Edited by bushpilot47
  • Like 1

I haven't seen the episode yet, and now I'm in no rush.

Why you would espouse an AR-15 over a Saiga in 5.45 when part of your business is customizing and selling Saigas in 5.45 just baffles me. huh.png

Besides the business angle, I'd want an AK, (in any caliber), over an AR for the zompocalypse, for the vastly superior reliability in adverse conditions, (which any post-apoc scenario is a series of). It's just common sense.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

If I were to be carrying just one gun I would have to be my Glock 17. Love my Saiga 12's but carrying a firearm in a real life situation I can function better and carry more ammo with one of my glocks. Head shots!!!!!

im not comfortable with just a pistol. id take my kel tec sub 2000, uses the same mags and folds up handy.

im not comfortable with just a pistol. id take my kel tec sub 2000, uses the same mags and folds up handy.

No way dude! I have a sub 2000 nice little rifle, horrible sights! Great gun for shooting targets but that's about it. With it cased and folded you are twice dead before you could even think. Out and ready it's just another 9mm or 40 cal depending on the weapon. If I were carrying a long gun it would be a Saiga 12 for up close and personal. Next would be my M4 or AK.

No way dude! I have a sub 2000 nice little rifle, horrible sights! Great gun for shooting targets but that's about it. With it cased and folded you are twice dead before you could even think. Out and ready it's just another 9mm or 40 cal depending on the weapon. If I were carrying a long gun it would be a Saiga 12 for up close and personal. Next would be my M4 or AK.

lets see.. 100 rnds of 9mm vs 100 rnds of 12 gauge. which is heavier? i actually like the sights on mine. i never really have done any serious shooting past 100 yards with it. but im more than comfortable doing head shots within a 50 yrd range. plus its very light and compact. and you have 30 rnd mags. and its about the same size as a pistol (little longer but not much) just saying id rather have that than a pistol.

yes i love my s12 and it will definitely be part of my kit. along with a cheap semi .22.

ideally ill have a group of people, and divide up weapons accordingly

This is silly as we have much more serious threats on this planet than zombies. But I did say if I were to be carrying one weapon it would be my Glock 17. The G17 because it is 9mm and the ammo is probably the most readily available next to .22 cal. So we are carrying the same ammunition and magazines. Oh, and the 9mm "Happy Sticks" (hate that term) are 33 rounds not 30. The other mags are 17 and 10 round, correct?

It's all good though. If you are more comfortable with the Kel Tec folding Sub 2000 that's great. I am just way better and faster with my G17. To each this own. Here is what I am looking through.

post-40745-0-05206300-1334977129_thumb.jpg

post-40745-0-84279700-1334977230_thumb.jpg

Why you would espouse an AR-15 over a Saiga in 5.45 when part of your business is customizing and selling Saigas in 5.45 just baffles me. huh.png

Besides the business angle, I'd want an AK, (in any caliber), over an AR for the zompocalypse, for the vastly superior reliability in adverse conditions, (which any post-apoc scenario is a series of). It's just common sense.

Red Jacket builds ARs as well if I'm not mistaken.

I agree with you, if I had an AK x39, it would be a better choice than my AR... Now that I have my little pocket carry back-up pistol, the AK is next up!

This is silly as we have much more serious threats on this planet than zombies. But I did say if I were to be carrying one weapon it would be my Glock 17. The G17 because it is 9mm and the ammo is probably the most readily available next to .22 cal. So we are carrying the same ammunition and magazines. Oh, and the 9mm "Happy Sticks" (hate that term) are 33 rounds not 30. The other mags are 17 and 10 round, correct?

It's all good though. If you are more comfortable with the Kel Tec folding Sub 2000 that's great. I am just way better and faster with my G17. To each this own. Here is what I am looking through.

33 if you have the 2 rnd mag caps. like i said i SUCK with a pistol. i can qualify at the range and i can hold my own, but definitely not for me. i know alot of people who kick ass with pistols, sadly i am not one of those people. but at least i know my limits.

p.s. very nice setup!

I agree with you, if I had an AK x39, it would be a better choice than my AR... Now that I have my little pocket carry back-up pistol, the AK is next up!

Anything would be a better choice than the "Shootrite Gaytana" ;)

• Like 1

Anything would be a better choice than the "Shootrite Gaytana" wink.png

Indeed. happy.png I was less than impressed with that thing, especially for ~$1850.

$1850 buys a lot more rifle than that, if you're at all gun savvy.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

That show is a joke, AR-15 as a " ZOMIBE" weapon, which in and of itself zombie thing is just utter bullshit, but considering you will have to keep all of your spare parts and cleaning supplies, Saiga .223 weighs less lol,

That show is a joke, AR-15 as a " ZOMIBE" weapon, which in and of itself zombie thing is just utter bullshit, but considering you will have to keep all of your spare parts and cleaning supplies, Saiga .223 weighs less lol,

says the zombie..............................................................

Edited by Pusca Semiautomata Luneta
  • Like 2