FSB dentent spring pin is loose..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glowingvalves

glowingvalves

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I noticed the other evening while cleaning my rifle that the pin which retains the spring and detent in the front sight block is loose, and slides back and forth (in and out) rather easily..

Is this normal, or is this a problem? If so, what do I do? It is a new rifle(IZ340), and I have shot it quite a bit, but it's not come out yet. I just don't want it to be an issue in the future.

Thanks!

#2 Agent Lemon

Agent Lemon

товарищ

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

I never had a chance to get to know that kind of front sight block.

However, I would just tinker with it a bit since I like to get to know my things. Check k-var or someone to see if they have spare pins so that you could replace yours as a possible fix. This does not sound very likely, though. I'm sure that they have whole front sight blocks though.

If you are satisfied with the front end of the gun and don't want to change it ever, then check to see if you can remove the pin from the sight block. Wiping the pin/channel down with acetone or alcohol or something and then adding some loctite could keep it in there. Of course, heat will make the loctite give out (or so I hear), so this is where the fun part of looking through 50 different loctites and their properties comes into play.

Let me know if you get a solution/ more opinions from other places.

"стою твердо на землице русской, с калашом в руках"

#3 armory74

armory74

• 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I had an Arsenal that was the same way. As long as it's sufficiently flared on the right side, your good to go. It should'nt go anywhere.

Edited by armory74, 19 May 2012 - 08:19 PM.

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. -Thomas Jefferson

#4 canoecanoe

canoecanoe

An enigma wrapped in a conundrum

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm not familiar with this FSB, but you can most likely replace the pin with a piece of drill bit shank. You can start with a slightly oversized drill bit and work the shank down until it is a tight fit. I made my own pin when I added an detent and spring to my stock sporter FSB.
No good deed goes unpunished!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users