Regretfully goodbye

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now this is the post that really gets to me.   Let me get this straight. You're a mechanical engineer and you say that means you expect a high level of quality from others rather than yourself and a

Not really, unless you came here from some pansy forum like bARFCOM... In fact, we're really plain speaking, reasonable folks.   I think Post-A is having difficulties with a semanitc of definition.

Posted Images

Now this is the post that really gets to me.

Let me get this straight. You're a mechanical engineer and you say that means you expect a high level of quality from others rather than yourself and also know how to wash your hands. That is impressive, I'll admit. However, you are the first person from a fabrication company I've met that was either 1) too poor to set your gun up correctly or too intimidated by the process to try it and 2) Unable or unwilling to research what you're buying leading inevitably to 3) throwing your hands in the air and giving up.

If you happen to be telling the truth about your occupation, problem solving should be what you thrive on and is damn sure what you get paid for. Please PM me with your company's name so I can avoid dealing with it. Thanks.

You have also insulted every member of this forum more than once with derogatory comments on their platform of choice just because you can't/won't fix a minor issue yourself. May I suggest you try that in a Harley bar just to see the reaction? I'm sure they'll just laugh it off and buy you a beer.

You asked in another post if anyone knew blah blah blah

Wow, talk about thick headed. You don't think I asked around about the AK before I bought it? I didn't hear a single negetive thing from anyone. And I bet if I had asked this forum before I purchased it everyone would have raved how awesome it is.

Yes, I am an engineer and since I put out quality work I expect the same from others.

I retract my previous statement... This forum will eat you alive, pansy. See if you can follow THESE instructions without explaining why you're right and everybody else is wrong, while retracting statements and being falsely apologetic:

Hey man, I have thick skin and I don't care what anybody says, BUT: I havenot retracted anything I have said. I stand behind everything I say/type.

I never referred to my rifle as a 'build'. I did refer to yours as a "build", since you'd displayed a fondness for ARs, and ignorant disdain for AKs, and many such people use the term liberally. I see you know the difference, and that's good, but let the semantics go. rolleyes.gif

If my rifle is "yawn-inspiring" blah blah bullshit blah

Wow, this guy never quits.

1) I have put at least 10,000 rounds through my Ruger 10/22 over the last 10 years and I'm sure i'll but twice that many through my AR. Plus, trigger issues asside, I had more jams, misfeeds and stovepipes with that AK in one month than I've had with any other rifle I've ever had.

2) How can you tell which rifles are inferior? They cost less, what does that say about the Saiga?

3) Seems like the only education I am hearing is what a piece of crap the AK is straight out of the factory.

4) If I had a 10 year old AK I could understand that it might need a little work. Having to 'fix' a brand new gun is unacceptable.

Nor7:

Stay away fro AK's of any kind. They obviously HATE you! This is not a coincidence, they just do NOT like you! They HATE Engineers and their precision tolerances and aero-space materials!

AK's Like me. I am an old mechanic with hand tools and large hammers. I have hammer built 2 Ak's one a matching parts kit and one a total bastard build- no 2 parts match. I have converted a S-.410 with a UF. Even own a S-12 and an S-.308. They all like me and do what i want them t do with no drama!

But then I own MANY hammers and they know I am not afraid to use one on them if they do not behave!

Go back to your AR Aero-enginered precision toys. When they break you can use your CNC 5 axis mill in your aero-space clean room to fix it.

I can fix anything on my AK's with a big hammer and brutal hand tools.

I never referred to my rifle as a 'build'. I did refer to yours as a "build", since you'd displayed a fondness for ARs, and ignorant disdain for AKs, and many such people use the term liberally. I see you know the difference, and that's good, but let the semantics go. rolleyes.gif

1) I have put at least 10,000 rounds through my Ruger 10/22 over the last 10 years and I'm sure i'll but twice that many through my AR. Plus, trigger issues asside, I had more jams, misfeeds and stovepipes with that AK in one month than I've had with any other rifle I've ever had.

2) How can you tell which rifles are inferior? They cost less, what does that say about the Saiga?

3) Seems like the only education I am hearing is what a piece of crap the AK is straight out of the factory.

4) If I had a 10 year old AK I could understand that it might need a little work. Having to 'fix' a brand new gun is unacceptable.

It seems that you don't know when to quit. Three pages ago you were saying goodbye and you haven't yet been able to find the door. What are you still here for?

Guys all this bandwagoning the last few months is pretty lame. People seem to be quicker to attack a newcomer than to help them.

I would tend to agree until the "newcomer" quits looking for help (which he did early on) and his only contribution to the forum is to disparage the platform and seemingly is only here to troll. It also appears he is a liar among other things since he said goodbye so long ago yet is still here. For what productive reason, may I ask? I also find it strange that his problems seem to be getting worse even though the rifle is long gone.

I won't respond to him again because it's a waste of time and pointless to deal with trolls. However, he did respond to me like this...

"Wow, talk about thick headed. You don't think I asked around about the AK before I bought it? I didn't hear a single negetive thing from anyone. And Ibet if I had asked this forum before I purchased it everyone would have raved how awesome it is.

Yes, I am an engineer and since I put out quality work I expect the same from others."

Not exactly what I consider research and yet again he makes a negative (not negetive) assumption about forum members. Conversely, I was well aware of most all potential problems before even purchasing a Saiga.

And then he yet again boasts about being an engineer who is overwhelmed by the simplest platform going while thousands of neophytes here just fix/convert the weapons themselves without crying and whining.

As I said, I won't respond to him again but may contact a moderator to assist him in leaving since he doesn't even appear capable of that. Guess he misnamed his thread along with all his other mistakes.

Do we got pushers over at the ar site? This is worst then a Kirby salesman.. atleast they know their product sucks.

Did it... Got banned. The mere mention of "Saiga" as a comparable platform to the revered Stoner plastic rifle is warn worthy for me now. Logic and reason are abstract concepts in the AR forum world.

Edited by bohound
  • Like 1

If you like the idea of the Saiga, you might want to look again later at an Arsenal SGL. If you're not aware of what they are, Arsenal takes the Saiga and does a professional conversion. What you get is essentially a semi-auto clone of the current Russian military offerings.

Don't base your opinion of AKs on the problematic Saiga trigger linkage. The Saiga's factory trigger is an anomoly in the AK world. That's why most of us eliminate it.