Post Pics og your super veprs!

It's pretty, but it seems like the only difference you will get from other posters would be changed optics.

Why would someone pay for the pretty wood and then reconfigure it some other way?

• Like 2

I think it is nice to see how people manage to install optics on the super, the setup I have keeps the scope over the bore, I had to modify a m76 scope mount to make it work, from what I understand, molot does not make a siderail mount that centers the scope over the bore. The claw mount that sits over the top cover centers the scope too, but you have to remove it every time you clean the weapon. So let's see what scope setups people come up with.

I think it is nice to see how people manage to install optics on the super, the setup I have keeps the scope over the bore, I had to modify a m76 scope mount to make it work, from what I understand, molot does not make a siderail mount that centers the scope over the bore. The claw mount that sits over the top cover centers the scope too, but you have to remove it every time you clean the weapon. So let's see what scope setups people come up with.

from what I have read the top mount is designed to not lose zero, however the whole reason Molot introduced a side mount for the super was because the Russian owners like you hated to pull the mount to open the top cover. amusingly the top cover model is the more expensive one.

It's pretty, but it seems like the only difference you will get from other posters would be changed optics.

Why would someone pay for the pretty wood and then reconfigure it some other way?

I have a Super on the way and would love for someone to make some plastic furniture, which I can put on and take the gun hunting in the mountains, without tarnishing that nice walnut stock. ATI, are you listening? :)

I have a Super on the way and would love for someone to make some plastic furniture, which I can put on and take the gun hunting in the mountains, without tarnishing that nice walnut stock. ATI, are you listening? smile.png

there is a big demand for dragunov style stocks for these, although more so for the standard vepr's. beyond that I think super owners will have to go with a custom furniture maker, or roll their own if they have any skills.

I have a Super on the way and would love for someone to make some plastic furniture, which I can put on and take the gun hunting in the mountains, without tarnishing that nice walnut stock. ATI, are you listening? smile.png

there is a big demand for dragunov style stocks for these, although more so for the standard vepr's. beyond that I think super owners will have to go with a custom furniture maker, or roll their own if they have any skills.

Depending on whether they take off, we can start seeing after-market stocks and other parts. So far, it seems like there has been a lot of interest. Everyone I tell about the Supers, seems to want one. :)

• Like 1

well the only other variation is the guy who modified a PSL stock to fit his.

prolly the only one of its kind, psl stocks are hard to come by and the polymer stocks are more expensive.

Just a heads up, that's an SVD stock.

maybe it was another one i read about then, this was the only one I could find since then Edited by Dracozny
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

prolly the only one of its kind, psl stocks are hard to come by and the polymer stocks are more expensive.

Gotta have a really long trigger finger for that girl!

Looks neato tho.

would he sell his original stock? i been wantin one?

sell me your old stock!

• 6 months later...