the name says it all. i get bored sometimes reading the same shit everyday , so i thought id try to get a little diverse. i service and install garage doors, both residential and commercial, and have for the past 9 years. it gets boring but i get to meet a lot of good people, and a lot of hot females. and sadly, a lot of obama supporters. 016.gif

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty neat to have an ocean of diversified members worlds apart in their own line of work here with a major common interest.

I taste-test nuclear waste for Tyson Foods before they put it in their chicken.

Retired Active Duty Military. Now I am a Civil Service employee working Range Support and Maintenance on Eglin Air Force Base Military Reservation. Eglin has over a half a million acres of property

Posted Images

I fix stuff, right now restaurant cooking equipment, in the past, boats, cars, HVAC&R, computers, and motorcycles just to name a few. Electrician is my "trade" no money in this part of the world.

• Like 1

I do vacuum pumps and air compressors, mainly for the medical field. When you are laid open on the operating table and bleeding like a stuck hog and the doctor screams SUCTION, that's my pump, or when they give you breathing treatments with "medical air", that's my compressors. SO, the next time you are in the hospital, ask yourself, did I ever piss off Termite, :) We've got some vacuum pumps in shop now from a nuclear plant on the east coast. Does anyone know how they hold a beer can when they print the label, YEP, that's what I do. Ever wonder how they get 99% of the water & die out of the carpet when it's made, or how do they get the guts out of all those chickens at the processing plant, or how they get the water out of paper when it comes out of the head box. YEP, my job SUCKS.... :)

• Like 1

i fell 22ft. the 2nd day on the job 9 yrs. ago. i was grinding welds on an extention ladder from a door i took down with another guy that was welded up at an arena. the grinding dust got underneath the ladder legs and i was at the tippy top of it. it was a bad day. the guys all made bets that i wouldnt show back up in the morning. but i did. been doing it ever since.

I sell metal working coolants and metal pretreatment conversion coatings. Sadly, I work mainly with the auto manufacturing industry. A co-worker of mine is in the military side so he gets to see our manganese phosphate applied to many of the gun manufacturers.

I trim and shoe horses. Lots of good(and some not so good) people that I don't have to be around but about 6-10 times a year, lol. Some days it's just great to help an animal perform to the best of their abiltiy and/or aid in its recovery from neglect, abuse, etc. Other days, I'm leg wrestling 1000#+/- opponents trying not to get a nail in my leg, or worse.

• Like 5

I trim and shoe horses. Lots of good(and some not so good) people that I don't have to be around but about 6-10 times a year, lol. Some days it's just great to help an animal perform to the best of their abiltiy and/or aid in its recovery from neglect, abuse, etc. Other days, I'm leg wrestling 1000#+/- opponents trying not to get a nail in my leg, or worse.

so your a farrier? they stay pretty busy in my neck of the woods. its sad how many people neglect livestock sometimes.

I build electronic connectors. Right now, im a solder tech building acclimate cable connectors. We make the tiniest of parts that go into pace makers up the components for missile defense systems. We get quite a few government contracts.

Been driving trucks for the last 15yrs, CDL A.

Drove long haul for 10yrs, pulling flatbeds, now I've a nice salaried job doing route deliveries.

I'm also a trained welder, never used the skill though, I was a bartender for 4yrs, worked as a deckhand for 5yrs, also worked in shipyards driving forklifts... And, ya ready for this...

I'm a damned good florist, yeah floral designer, I grew up in our family owned flower shop. I can plan weddings, banquets and whatever.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

i wanted to make a career out of the marines, but after 4yrs of active infantry i got over it fairly fast. so i did my 1 reserve that was left in my contract and got out. i do miss a lot of it, but i didnt re-enlist cuz the wife at the time, didnt want it. after she died i realized she was right. i missed out on a lot of shit, but i had to put food on the table somehow.

i give you guys props that serve that much time in.

i work/live at the local homeless shelter

i knew you'd come up with some shit like that! 000.gif

i should have guessed you'd have a smart ass remark that would force me to post a picture of myself

800px-Homeless_guy_drinking.jpg

ole buddy!

I am an un-employed Michigan guy. I have a CPA license although it is not currently active. I need to find a job, I just don't know if the accounting thing is for me. If I could get a refund for all the money I spent on education, I would do it in a second!

Anyone know of any good jobs out there?

I work as a father, a son, an entrepreneur and regional manager for a tourist attraction....I am a man who has worn many hats, and feel being a jack of all trades has made me a very interesting guy.

I am an un-employed Michigan guy. I have a CPA license although it is not currently active. I need to find a job, I just don't know if the accounting thing is for me. If I could get a refund for all the money I spent on education, I would do it in a second!

What part of Michigan...lots of us Michiganders here.

• Like 1

I a millrite by trade, but my work is Start Up and Commissioning of industrial equipment, the bread and butter of my work is supervising installations of new for warranty. As well as training operations crew how to use and maintain the equipment. Mostly fire suppression equpiment, but I've done everything from PD pumps to Hydrogen Compressors, and Amnoina refrigeration units.

I work as a father, a son, an entrepreneur and regional manager for a tourist attraction....I am a man who has worn many hats, and feel being a jack of all trades has made me a very interesting guy.

What part of Michigan...lots of us Michiganders here.

I live in Lansing, but need to get out of the city! I think I met you briefly at the pumpkin shoot at the pit last fall. I have a great example of a double edged sword.

Good news, is I don't have wife/kids or any ties anywhere, I have nothing.

Bad news, no ties anywhere and I have nothing.

I always try and keep a positive attitude and things always end up OK, it just gets tough because my background as a CPA and a bachelor's in Economics and a bachelor's in Finance, not that others don't, but I really understand how fucked this country is!

http://usdebtclock.org/

these numbers just don't add up010.gif