• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pretty neat to have an ocean of diversified members worlds apart in their own line of work here with a major common interest.

I taste-test nuclear waste for Tyson Foods before they put it in their chicken.

Retired Active Duty Military. Now I am a Civil Service employee working Range Support and Maintenance on Eglin Air Force Base Military Reservation. Eglin has over a half a million acres of property

Posted Images

After high school, Marines for 5 years and union pipe-fitter for 6.

I've been a professional asshole for far longer however.

Currently engaged in a power upgrade at Nine Mile point 2 working as a foreman on one of the only projects on schedule.

Some might see a swimming pool.... I see gun money.

Our first project when we went in business in 2010.... it is on the second floor.

We didn't want to be respected by our peers.... we wanted them to fear us.

island watershapes.... bitches.

post-22401-0-51020000-1335234359_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-01267300-1335234375_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-79888000-1335234385_thumb.jpg

Yes, this is under the pool....

post-22401-0-82518000-1335234463_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-12906500-1335234473.jpg

• Like 3

I am a NON UNION, moderately conservative, mathematics teacher at an online school. My husband who also posts occasionally is a former Marine and PSC who is now a stay at home dad and firearms instructor.

Kumon?

No Juggs... I don't want to mention which one, specifically, but I don't work for Kumon.

Q.C./Q.A. Tech with a private Engineering Company...that pays the bills and buys the insurance and medicine. Sideline of Firearms instructor, Gunsmith, Executive Protector/Bodyguard Instructor, although gettin too old to be protectin a bunch of pompous self important execs. It does pay for my toys though!

Quality inspector at McCormick Spices spend most of my day checking Black Pepper for drosophila melanogaster excrement.

i'm afraid to ask if that means mouse shit but does it ?

Drosophila=fruit flies, often used in high school and college genetics lab courses and, of course, confounding spice inspectors.

QA Jobs:

The next time you have a “I hate my Job” day, (even if you’re retired, you have those sometimes too), try this: a rectal thermometer.

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy, go to the Thermometer Section, and purchase a “Rectal” thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure to only get this brand.

When you get home, lock the doors, draw the curtains, and disconnect the phone, so you won’t be disturbed. Now, change into your most comfortable clothes, and sit in your favorite chair.

Open the package and remove the thermometer. Place it carefully on a table or a flat surface so it will not become scratched, chipped, or broken. (OK, stop giggling and don’t get ahead of me.)

Now the fun begins:

Take the literature from the box and read it very carefully. You’ll notice in very fine, small print the following statement: “Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested and then sanitized.”

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times: “I’m so glad that I do not work in the Thermometer Quality Control Department at Johnson & Johnson!”

Now have a nice day and remember tomorrow at work, that there’s always someone who has a job that’s more of a pain in the rear than yours. Good Day.

• Like 4

QA Jobs:

The next time you have a “I hate my Job” day, (even if you’re retired, you have those sometimes too), try this: a rectal thermometer.

On your way home from work, stop at your pharmacy, go to the Thermometer Section, and purchase a “Rectal” thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson. Be very sure to only get this brand.

When you get home, lock the doors, draw the curtains, and disconnect the phone, so you won’t be disturbed. Now, change into your most comfortable clothes, and sit in your favorite chair.

Open the package and remove the thermometer. Place it carefully on a table or a flat surface so it will not become scratched, chipped, or broken. (OK, stop giggling and don’t get ahead of me.)

Now the fun begins:

Take the literature from the box and read it very carefully. You’ll notice in very fine, small print the following statement: “Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson & Johnson is personally tested and then sanitized.”

Now, close your eyes and repeat out loud five times: “I’m so glad that I do not work in the Thermometer Quality Control Department at Johnson & Johnson!”

Now have a nice day and remember tomorrow at work, that there’s always someone who has a job that’s more of a pain in the rear than yours. Good Day.

And the winner is!...lol that is awesome.

QA Jobs:

Now the fun begins:

I'm sorry but I just gotta.......................

How do you tell the difference between a rectal and an oral thermometer????

The taste! 011.gif

• Like 1

I have a masters in design and was designing car ads for major car companies, that is until we had the good 'ole GM bail out and two thirds of our marketing department was laid off. So now I'm a full time artist, tattoo, paint, sculpt, draw and what not. I tattoo 7 days a week. I can't be happier than what I do. Good to see other tattoo artists on here as well!

union iron worker , ive got 17 years in, started out working in a union fab shop through a vo tech program 4:30 pm to 3:30 am then back to high school from 11:00 till 3 . here,s a few pic,s of a project we finshed up the winter before last . post-32450-0-66955000-1335328221.jpgpost-32450-0-26727200-1335328232_thumb.jpgpost-32450-0-26883500-1335328236_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I work on marine electronics. Basically anything on a large ship that is electronic, chances are I've fixed it or installed it. Radar, electronic charts, various navigational instruments, satellite phone/data terminals, phone exchange systems, engineering automation electronics, plain old computers, etc. I sort of ran into this job completely by accident, but having a background in engineering I found that I love playing with ships. I had no interest in them at all before. I get to travel the world on my employer's dime, which is also nice. Riding a ship through the Caribbean to Puerto Rico later this week, in fact.

Edited by mancat