Anyone successfully remove a Velcro mark.

1) the velcro mark is where the importer REMOVED the previous importers mark. The importers mark is already null, void, and removed. It means nothing, it was already destroyed. Cover it up all you want

2) For arguments sake, lets say it was illegal to remove. Which it isn't. If nobody can see it. Whos going to know you did anything. You really think theres going to be some feds knocking on your door and notice that a mark was removed? They won't even know it was there to begin with.

since I do live in a commie state.

Move we can always use another gun in the SE

Why move, we're winning the fight here. Up to a few years ago EBR's of all types were forbidden, now there's millions of them bought and sold everyday. We have build partys all over the state. The Saiga 12 is illegal......uh nope, we have thousands of those too.

Hellraiser called me about this, dude you haven't even seen that damn gun yet and your stressing about it. Everything I told you over the phone was echoed in this thread. Chill out and don't worry about it.

Well I seen it now and it's an eyesore! Lol. All I'm sayin is if it can be removed then why not? I'm planin to refinish the thing anyways.

• Like 1

I dont like my import markings. They make the gun look fuckin cheesy. Like some crap thats written on a bb gun.

Yours looks like covered up shit, thus looking like double shit.

Erase it if you can, I sure would.

I'm too afraid to attempt to remove it. I'm pretty handy with a handtool, but even then I would still be worried about the looks of the finished product. I'd rather just leave it alone as it's an identifying mark so that you know the history of the gun. I agree it is an eyesore, however it's an AK. Not the most sleek looking rifle to begin with!!!

post-42173-0-70202300-1336031827_thumb.jpg

post-20828-0-98184700-1336077781_thumb.jpgpost-20828-0-12730500-1336077804_thumb.jpgpost-20828-0-71174600-1336077832_thumb.jpg

Here is my repair using the dremel sanding drum and Alumahyde 11.

It looks worse in the pictures than it does in person.

DUDE !!!! THATS AWESOME!!!

You did a great job. I imagine you would have to really look for it to notice it.

to each his own, but I buy my aks to shoot, its a factory cosmetic mark, so dont care unless it affects function

I agree. My thinking has always been if it can be fixed then why not?

Edited by hellraiser

I am in the process of removing mine. My method was to sand down the ridges until flush with the receiver then take some jb weld to it like you would spackle on drywall. Wait until it has cured and then sand smooth voila the holes that were once deeper than the receiver are now flush. Then go on with finishing as you normally would.

post-20828-0-98184700-1336077781_thumb.jpgpost-20828-0-12730500-1336077804_thumb.jpgpost-20828-0-71174600-1336077832_thumb.jpg

Here is my repair using the dremel sanding drum and Alumahyde 11.

It looks worse in the pictures than it does in person.

DUDE !!!! THATS AWESOME!!!

You did a great job. I imagine you would have to really look for it to notice it.

to each his own, but I buy my aks to shoot, its a factory cosmetic mark, so dont care unless it affects function

I agree. My thinking has always been if it can be fixed then why not?

Thanks for the positive comment.

I am in the process of removing mine. My method was to sand down the ridges until flush with the receiver then take some jb weld to it like you would spackle on drywall. Wait until it has cured and then sand smooth voila the holes that were once deeper than the receiver are now flush. Then go on with finishing as you normally would.

thats how i would go about it. The jb weld probably won't be perfectly smooth after you sand it, so it will probably need a few coats of paint and sanding with 400 or 600 grit in between each coat

You know best what would work for you, but I don't understand why folks want to use JB weld as a filler. Seems that this is more work than it would be worth and you would still have the potential of it spalling off. The etching can be removed sucessfully ( in my opinion) without the use of JB weld.

Edited by canoecanoe
  • Like 1