WHAT THE GOING PRICE FOR 5 RD MAGS?

RAA is going to import high capacity magazines?

The S-20 in 10 rd? The S-12 in 8 rd? The 7.62 in 30 rd?

Has RAA confirmed this in writing to anyone on this forum?

I will be amazed but very happy if it proves true but............

Wolverine :smoke:

No don't get your hopes up on that Wolvie! He's referring to badz mags.

OK. I'm awake now. Actually I was under the impression that RAA has already taken the position of no hi-caps. See this quote from a forum thread:

"Hi Nathan,

Let me introduce myself my name is Debbie. Our company is Russian American Armory Company. We are selling to Dirtributors. let me give you some information Our # 877-752-2894, our cell 502-523-6225, our website will be up and running very soon for you to view the rifles and shotguns that we are bringing into the country. We are expecting our first shipment around the first two weeks of October. We will not be bringing in any high capacity magazines the regulations are we can bring in 10rd magazines for the rifles and 5rd magazines for the shotguns. If I can help you in any way or answer any questions please give me a call.

Thank you

Debbie Woods

raacak@aol.com

I got my email too bad news on hicaps"

W. :smoke:

I'm pretty sure that law refers to a fixed mag.  Nothing about Detachable mags.

How sure are you?

I'd say 99%. The language when referring to shotguns made specific reference to fixed or tube magazines.

So you're 99% sure- that is to say that you are so sure that barring the most extreme circumstances, there is just no doubt in your mind that the law doesn't address detachable magazines?

That's a good one McUZI!  :lolol: However I don't think we evolved from looters, more like some of us have regressed and are working back down the line.

Hmmmm...... does that mean we can expect to see armed apes looting anytime soon? :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Well, obviously no one ahs answered the question at hand... "how much does a 5rnd mag go for?"  I'm not sure what they are, but I was at a gun show and a guy had 4 saiga clips but no gun.  I offered him $25 and he said he needed at least $30... as I started to walk away he gave into my offer of $25.

Total dumb luck.

That is far, far south from a typical market price right now.

As-of, anyone with a 5 round magazine can get $50-$60 for it on ebay.

:lolol: Ebay is hardly the indicator of market price. It's more of an indicator of how many idiots are out there and how much they'll pay. ;)

No, it does dictate market price.

Like it or not.

We all have found stuff for cheaper other places, but ebay is the gold standard whether you like it or not.

If you have an item that you can't get $20 for anywhere but there are 20 people willing to pay $100 on ebay, where do you sell?

Same goes for Saiga mags. No one sells for less then they can sell for more.

Edited by McUZI
:lolol: Ebay is hardly the indicator of market price. It's more of an indicator of how many idiots are out there and how much they'll pay. ;)

No, it does dictate market price.

Like it or not.

We all have found stuff for cheaper other places, but ebay is the gold standard whether you like it or not.

If you have an item that you can't get $20 for anywhere but there are 20 people willing to pay $100 on ebay, where do you sell?

Same goes for Saiga mags. No one sells for less then they can sell for more.

Yeah, right. So I should be paying $9.00-$10.00 an ounce for silver on ebay instead of buying it from my broker for $2.00-$3.00 less??

Or what about the 100-round Chi-com AK drum I bought for less than $100.00 last week? There's one on Gunbroker for $225.00 right now. Should I rush back to the gun store and cut the guy another check?

The majority of ebay buyers these days are people who look there first instead of shopping around, doing their own research, and trying to find a realistic price or better deals.

People sell on ebay to make money. There's nothing at all wrong with that. But to say that ebay prices are indicative of real-world prices or market value is totally fallacious.

The "standard" for fair market price is based on the rule, not the exception, which is what the artificial marketplace of ebay represents.

By your logic, we should all be paying for $4.29 a gallon for gas, since that's "what the market will bear" in HI.

Edited by Gummerfan

I highly doubt that the prices will drop THAT much when RAAC goes online. why would they not want to make money? I am sure that had something to do with them picking up this line of firearms, as there was such a demand for them, SOMEONE was bound to start selling them. how much of a price increase from the last importer is the question really. I dont think its a question of IF they increase from the last wholesale price.