RCS for AK-Saiga opinions?

Hello all

Does any one who has the RCS or has a friend that owns one have a opinion for us on it?

I thought of having the charging handle moved to the left but this does that and more for $ 189 which is shockingly cheap, and that is my concern.

Thanx in advance for any input.

http://www.dublinaksystems.com/

Yup, I've got one installed on a 16" Saiga .308.

I had some installation problems that took a while to figure out. Basically the bottom and sides at the rear of the housing had to be relieved in order for the unit to sit parallel with the barrel. It needed a little filing on the rear locking surface also. Definitely not a drop in item. Once I figured out what needed to be be filed it was easy. It has functioned flawlessly since then.

Makes racking the bolt easier and more natural. Does not heat up like a conventional stamped steel gas tube.

Yup, I've got one installed on a 16" Saiga .308.

I had some installation problems that took a while to figure out. Basically the bottom and sides at the rear of the housing had to be relieved in order for the unit to sit parallel with the barrel. It needed a little filing on the rear locking surface also. Definitely not a drop in item. Once I figured out what needed to be be filed it was easy. It has functioned flawlessly since then.

Makes racking the bolt easier and more natural. Does not heat up like a conventional stamped steel gas tube.

Noted and many thankswink.png

Ok so i received my RCS from Dublin and it fit in perfectly. Great looking-seems very well built, yet light and appears like it came factory from saiga.

This system is non complex so it has very little chance of failure once installed and running IMHO.

It seems the bore was within 4 thousands of the piston diameter of my model ( IZ 137 in .308) , and is just to tight to pull the charging handle back and the stock charging handle needs He-man to pull it.

Also at mid point of the bore sits a narrowing "ramp" that needs smoothing be caused when operating the piston by hand it hits it fairly hard riding into the narrowed chamber..

Dublin with in minutes of my email offered a full refund, but i wanted this. I asked if using a Flex cylinder Bore Hone i found 14mm would be suitable for his product and he ok'd it and offered to re-reimburse me for it.

What a true champion of customer service.

I am not sure why the piston size would change so i did not want to reduce it's diameter even by that little.

The flex hone for a drill will arrive tomorrow and i will take a pic or two of the work and post the results.

It seems the bore was within 4 thousands of the piston diameter of my model ( IZ 137 in .308) , and is just to tight to pull the charging handle back and the stock charging handle needs He-man to pull it.

<snip>

Also at mid point of the bore sits a narrowing "ramp" that needs smoothing be caused when operating the piston by hand it hits it fairly hard riding into the narrowed chamber..

I had no problem witht he bore per se. It was a snug fit but not binding.

The "ramp" was a major issue for me. Most of the problem was caused by the unit not sitting low enough. As a result the end of the piston was crashing into the lower ramp every time it cycled. I had to relieve the rear bottom and rear sides of the lower half so that it would sit lower.

I then got busy with my trusty Dremel and reshaped the ramp so that the ramp extended all the way to to the "floor" of the wide portion of the unit closest to the receiver. This greatly lessened the angle of the ramp and eliminated the 90 degree ledge left by the manufacturing process. I did this on the top half also.

I also filed and sanded the forward edge of the piston slightly to remove the burrs and round it.

Finally, I rounded the forward edge of the lug that engages the charging handle because it was hanging up from time tp time during manual charging.

Once all of this was done I ran it with lots of lube for the first couple hundred rounds. Now it is smooth and functions 100%.

I do like the way it enhances mag changes. Faster and more natural. Not awkward at all.