http://dailycaller.c...d-another-bank/

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.

Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.

But at the bank’s request, he said, the McMillan group of companies would soon be paying off its credit line and closing its accounts.

Writing Thursday on Facebook, McMillan described a meeting at his office with Ray Fox, a business banking Senior Vice President with the giant bank. What was originally scheduled as an “account analysis” meeting, however, quickly became a political smackdown.

The Bank of America emissary, he said, “spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.”

“At this point I interrupted him,” McMillan said, and asked, ‘Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.’”

Fox’s reply, according to McMillan? “That is correct.”

McMillan told TheDC that he plans to move his company’s account to “a more Second Amendment-friendly bank” as soon as it can be done.

He recalls telling the bank executive that he planned to tell the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International, and his other gun-loving friends “that Bank of America is not firearms-industry-friendly.”

“You have to do what you must” was Fox’s reply, he said. “We have to assess the risk of doing business with a firearms related industry.”

The McMillan group of companies may have the last laugh: It is considering no longer accepting Bank of America credit cards for purchases.

• Like 2

I had Bof A many many years ago when I was a young man, new to the ways of the world and the military. They screwed me over with hidden charges and messed up posting practices that lost me a good chunk of money to get straightened out. CLosed that account and never ever considered using them again.

• Like 2

Ok, so you don't even need a SSN to get an account there but they don't do business with firearms related corporations?

Dip shits. This should go VIRAL!

Please forward the link to all your friends and pass it around.

I would never do business with them and hope that others will close their accounts.

I've had a B of A account for years although I've never opened an account with them. I opened an account with NCNB (North Carolina National Bank) which morphed into Nations Bank which was bought out (I assume) by B of A. Honestly I've never had a problem with them. But I'd be more than happy to move my account to another bank based on this blatant, politically motivated action against a firearms company.

My question is, how can I be sure the bank I'm moving to won't engage in the same politically motivated discrimination? If I ask, I'll get the "company line" which will most likely be that there is no official policy against doing business with firearms related companies. I have read that B of A has stated they have no such policy, so that doesn't count for much. Does the NRA or other gun groups evaluate companies and banks with regard to their firearm friendliness? It is somewhat a PITA to do this so I'd like to be sure the new bank doesn't have their heads up their master's asses like B of A apparently does.

• Like 1

I've had a B of A account for years although I've never opened an account with them. I opened an account with NCNB (North Carolina National Bank) which morphed into Nations Bank which was bought out (I assume) by B of A.

NCNB changed it's name to Nationsbank when it started acquiring banks outside of North Carolina. It changed it's name again when it purchased Bank of America (based in California) to take advantage of better name recognition.

I am wondering if other vendors will continue to accept their cards in payment.

Funny, they have no qualms about laundering millions (potentially billions) in drug cartel money, despite numerous warnings from internal whistle-blowers that they were doing so, and will face no penalty for repeatedly and knowingly violating theBank Secrecy Act, as the it is the policy of the federal government that megabanks are above the law, because prosecuting them for their crimes would be risky to the status quo; but working with an american business that manufactures firearms is too risky to their image! "My god, you make products that save lives! That doesnt fit in with our image! here you go Puebla, buy some more drug planes and soccer balls to stitch reporter's faces to"

At this point, anyone who hasnt closed their megacorp bank account and switched to a credit union or other accountable instrument, is a fool, and is probably intent on paying for the continued destruction of the american economy.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

My question is, how can I be sure the bank I'm moving to won't engage in the same politically motivated discrimination?

As of yet, no other banks have been so foolish as Bank of America. Sit down with the new accounts rep at your local bank and tell them why you are switching and if they have any problems with the second amendment.

I've had a B of A account for years although I've never opened an account with them. I opened an account with NCNB (North Carolina National Bank) which morphed into Nations Bank which was bought out (I assume) by B of A.

NCNB changed it's name to Nationsbank when it started acquiring banks outside of North Carolina. It changed it's name again when it purchased Bank of America (based in California) to take advantage of better name recognition.

I am wondering if other vendors will continue to accept their cards in payment.

I incorrectly assumed B of A bought Nationsbank. I remember B of A from when I was stationed in California. I just spent some time on the NRA website and while they do have a list of anti-gun people, companies and organizations I didn't see anything with regard to "gun friendly" info.

I also REFUSE to use Capitol One because they have that douchebag Alec Baldwin shilling for them.

I do like the barbarians though.

That guy yelling "Romans! Get 'em!" makes me laugh every time!

My question is, how can I be sure the bank I'm moving to won't engage in the same politically motivated discrimination?

As of yet, no other banks have been so foolish as Bank of America. Sit down with the new accounts rep at your local bank and tell them why you are switching and if they have any problems with the second amendment.

I don't know about the law with regard to "restraint of trade" but it seems to me that if a company is denied services simply because of the type of business they are in and that business is lawful, it might be actionable by the company who is denied services.

As far as making a change, if I do such a thing you can bet I will let B of A know why both in person and by letter and I will most definitely ask the new bank what their policies are in this regard.

It was interesting to read the list on the NRA site of anti-gun entities. Some were expected, others were a little surprising. I don't know what the test is for being anti-gun but I assume all you have to do is say something publicly that is perceived as being in opposition to gun rights.

I also noticed that the Army has kicked Ted Nugent off a concert line-up at Fort Knox in June. I'm sure he is deeply saddened. wink.png

• Like 1

I used to use bofa but after so many screw overs I switched to a local bank.

I would have quit them over the illegal alien accounts if I hadnt quit them already.

Fuck the bank of unamerican.