Tapco mag clamp...Well sort of

I was wanting to put a couple of tapco 30's together but have heard that most clamps won't work on them and was going to make some out of metal but came across these stick on rubber furniture feet.

They are 1 1/2" x 1/8" and give the perfect spacing that the mags don't touch. 3 pucks work great on the 30's and 2 work nice on the 20's. Three wraps of tape on the 30's, two on the 20's. Rock solid!!.

post-39511-0-07260800-1335061797_thumb.jpg

Pic 2

post-39511-0-39128900-1335062023_thumb.jpg

Space and stick the pucks to one of the mags, tape and Viola!

post-39511-0-89569900-1335062251_thumb.jpg

post-39511-0-05255800-1335062449_thumb.jpg

Edited by Straydog

I just used electical tape, streached it as I rolled it on,gives it some tension but sure duct tape would work too. I actually just did it to a pair of 30's, don't really think its worth while on 20's. I figure 60 rounds is good for the initial fire fight then go to single mags.

They're making duct tape in lots of patterns these days. I think I'd go for the pink zebra pattern, but that's just me.

Yet another cool example of a Kalashnikov owner adapting, improvising, and overcoming. The AR worshppers won't stand a chance if their mythical zombies ever appear, while we will be feasting on twinkies in safety!

Edited by bohound
  • Like 2

They're making duct tape in lots of patterns these days. I think I'd go for the pink zebra pattern, but that's just me.

Yet another cool example of a Kalashnikov owner adapting, improvising, and overcoming. The AR worshppers won't stand a chance if their mythical zombies ever appear, while we will be feasting on twinkies in safety!

My thoughts exactly and couldn't have said it better myself lol!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like this idea. I've heard quite a few people say the same thing that their mag clamps wouldn't work well with Tapco mags. I myself love the looks of Tapco mags for modernized AK variations and this is a good way to step up the amount of ammuntion available. They do have alot of patterned tapes available to step it up another notch if you are into adding to the looks of the rifle. Good post!!!