Just bought a POSP 8x42 VD scope for $100 (i know what a deal ) and well i really do not have a saiganov or psl or veper to mount it to,BUT i do have a mosin and i was wondering if i could attach a ak side rail plate to the mosin? I know i can I just do not know how. So if you guy have any ideas on how this would be possible it would really be a lot of help. Thanks

ohh and i have thought about mounting the ak side plate to the stock but i have a feeling that it will not hold or be zeroed

Good God no... is your first name Bubba by any chance? If you MUST have a scope then either get one of the various scout scope mount and an LER scope, or have the bolt handle bent and have a decent rail installed on top of the thing. You'd end up paying the gunsmith more than the rifle cost, and it still wouldn't be accurate enough for you to even know when the scope was zeroed. Mosin's take (usually) quite a bit of work to accurize and even then you'd be hand loading your own ammo to get the best results. You're talking bedding the action, installing pillars just to get started.

Buy a Saiga or VEPR and put it on that if you MUST install it on something...