Slide Fire S12 (Full Auto)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, that old man needs to learn how to hold an S-12...

Mostly he brags and grunts and gives himself nicknames without doing anything interesting with guns. So my interest drops.

Hey now, you know that if you did that beside me and then called me a homo-queer, I'd go get my target and while you're looking at the outcome of your spray and pray I'd just cover up my grouping with

So does anyone else think it's a bad idea to have rubber tires in the target area of your range?

Yep. This was from Federal birdshot that hit a tire I had at the base of a target stand (to hold it in place). "I only had my glasses off for a minute." eyes_droped.gif

eyelidpic2.jpg

The Slide Fire looks interesting, but for me, the S12 doesn't hold enough ammo to make me want to fire it like that (in a life or death situation. Full auto shotguns are fun on the range).

Edited by Corbin

Miller v. Ohio notwithstanding, Washington state is one of only four that don't recognize a Class III license. That being said, I woldn't mind having a slidefire or similar stock...problem is that RCW 9.41 also prohibits rapid fire weapons that can have a sustained cyclic rate of more than 300 rpm (5 rnds/sec). Bummer...

this thing should come packaged with lasers and detachable carry handles

Lasers are useless?

Good catch, EC4321.

Useless?-- Everyone who tries my laser asks where they can get one. A $60 green laser is bright enough to see in day and at night will nearly blind anyone you shine it on while lighting them up enough for identification just by shining it near them. (unlike super bright tactical lights, it will not make you night blind.) It makes where you have your gun pointed (and don't) very obvious. This has been shown to clarify your intent and diffuse hostile situations more often than encounters without lasers. When I do speed drills 3-gun style, it feels faster too. I still use my sights, but having the target glow just makes your acquisition faster for some reason. Absolutely necessary? -- No. A real functional improvement? -- Without a doubt. Try a good one ZJ, before you dismiss it. I would want the slidefire in conjunction with a good laser, for the same reason that tracers help with aim during continuous fire. I know you were mocking the idea, but it strikes me as a great combo.

I have an idea for a new bumpfire product. The design I'm working on with the help of my machinest and smartbomb doing cad work, allows you to use different stocks and grips.

Edited by ARMOR
  • 3 weeks later...

I've seen some others that have done that, but more is better. My project got derailed after hearing of ATF hassles. I hope to send them a sample for approval sooner or later.

I have an idea for a new bumpfire product. The design I'm working on with the help of my machinest and smartbomb doing cad work, allows you to use different stocks and grips.

I see something like this being very successful.

Providing it's affordable...

• 4 weeks later...

Uh.. guys. I don't know that just "making your own" in your garage or whatever is the greatest of ideas, unless you just use it on very secluded, private land.

Before you make anything similar, you better at the least send in the design info etc to the damnable BATFE and get an approval letter that you can show local law enforcement when they "take an interest" in all that "full-auto fire" the good citizens of wherever the fuck you live were concerned about. Better not make it too similar either, else you're guilty of patent infringement.

Otherwise, please be sure to drop us a line from the pokey, and let us know how your defense is coming along, trial dates, etc. wink.png

You can't just send in a letter, you have to send in the device to the tech branch for evaluation. how do I know? The BATF has had mine for 6 months....any day now.

Cool. Let us know how it turns out.

And I do like what you said above post-apocalyptic, acually very wise! One should be careful about things others don't understand. Just be careful and well informed.

Even if it functions exactly like approved existing models? i.e. the ones Csspecs and others made.

As near as I could tell, the only thing unique to other prior desingns on the slide fire models, is the finger rest, and the locking knob.

I got a call from a very nice person at ATF, that it was best to not make them anymore.. Which is why you only see old videos of them. The call was not an official statement, just a suggestion.

I'd either cough up the cash for a commercially made one, or split the cost among a few fellow shooters to buy a commercially made one. Putting your own neck on the line is not worth it.

Recieved my letter of compliance from the Firearms Technoligy Branch today.

If home builders want to build their own get it approved, it's not a big deal, then you know your completly legal.

• Like 1

So does anyone else think it's a bad idea to have rubber tires in the target area of your range?

Yep. This was from Federal birdshot that hit a tire I had at the base of a target stand (to hold it in place). "I only had my glasses off for a minute." eyes_droped.gif

eyelidpic2.jpg

The Slide Fire looks interesting, but for me, the S12 doesn't hold enough ammo to make me want to fire it like that (in a life or death situation. Full auto shotguns are fun on the range).

Safety first dude.

Here are my very crappy iphone videos with the bumpski on a 74 and on my tromix sbs 12ga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_yI2iX52ME&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=7nsjOIZ98rw

Lots of fun. Sorry again for the crappy cellphone video. One day i will bring a camera to the range.